Objective(s) of a study programme:
to ensure undergraduate university pedagogical education in compliance with European standards, to develop students‘ general and professional competences ensuring the ability to model, design, and manage (self-) education of pre-school and junior school age children and early teaching/learning of foreign languages, and to get prepared for professional pedagogical activity and/or graduate studies.
1. The knowledge of the general laws of physical, cognitive, and psycho-social evolution of a junior school age and the ability to assess it.
2. The knowledge of schoolchild‘s special needs, their identification, recognition, and the ability to provide necessary assistance
3. The education of schoolchildren‘s positive learning motivation and the ability to create a safe (self-) education environment promoting child‘s emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual improvement.
4. Recognition of schoolchild‘s individuality as a value and the ability to individualize (self-) education ensuring the progress of teaching/ learning.
5. The knowledge of education paradigms, the ability to assess them and to improve education as a social phenomenon.
6. The knowledge of education regulating documents and the ability to observe them in the analysis of the curricula, in drawing up thematic plans, in modeling the content of education, in designing integrated teaching/learning, and in improving individual learning programmes.
7. The knowledge of the subject-specific theory, understanding of the aims, objectives, and content, and the development of professional abilities.
8. The ability to formulate teaching aims or objectives and to plan the resources necessary to attain them.
9. The ability to develop teaching/learning materials accessible and attractive to schoolchildren and promoting critical thinking, problem solution, and creativity.
10. The ability to organize and manage the teaching/learning process by developing schoolchildren‘s motivation and independence and promoting their initiative.
11. The knowledge of psycho-social and educational interventions and the ability to apply them by creating a tolerance and collaboration – promoting environment.
12. The knowledge of innovative teaching/learning strategies, technologies, and techniques, the ability to select them and to effectively apply to the teaching process.
13. The ability to convey the information necessary for schoolchild‘s (self-) education in an accesible and understandable way by choosing appropriate means, technologies, and/or work techniques.
14. The ability to organize and realize (self-) education of children with special needs.
15. The knowledge of ways, forms, and strategies of schoolchildren‘s achievement assessment and the ability to combine them by seeking teaching feedback and ensuring a positive learning motivation.
16. The ability to assess schoolchildren‘s learning achievements and social progress by uniform assessment criteria and the characteristics of achievement levels and by involving parents in the process of assessment.
17. The ability to organize the process of self-assessment of schoolchildren‘s achievement by emphasizing individual progress.
18. The ability to collect and analyze research data necessary for the solution of a problem; to assess and interpret a problematic situation and to recognize the need for a change.
19. The ability to design pedagogical research: to know the methodology of scientific and empirical research, to select an appropriate research strategy, structure, and techniques.
20. The ability to organize research into professional activity: to use different sources of information, to collect theoretical and empirical material, to analyze, interpret, and summarize it.
21. The ability of quality development and clear and justified presentation of the report of pedagogical research.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Lecture, practice, independent work, practical assignments, probl