Objective(s) of a study programme:
* Plan the technological process of freight and passenger transportation while assessing market conditions and using new information technologies;
* Organize and manage the technological process of carriage by land.
Graduate will know: the different national requirements relating to the goods transported; transport technologies and their development trends.
Graduate will be able to:
1. Analyze features of cargo/loads, the flow of cargo and passengers;
2. Choose means of transport according to the peculiarities of the chosen route;
3. Work out the technology of cargo and passenger carriage according to the requirements of legal acts;
4. Evaluate the outcomes of the technological process of carriage by road in economical and safety aspect;
5. Integrate the processes of carriage into logistics;
6. Organize the loading and ware house activities and provide the financial support;
7. Make decisions in carriage management according to the changes of cargo and passenger flow on the market;
8. Analyze vehicle performance characteristics according to the traffic, road and environment conditions.
9. Interact with specialists in dealing with the challenges of a professional activity, will be responsible for the quality and self-study in a changeable professional environment.
Activities of teaching and learning:
To achieve the learning outcomes presentation methods of teaching are applied (lectures, demonstration, discussion, work in groups projection, etc.) when information is given to the learners and heuristic or active work methods (seminars, practical workshops, laboratory workshops, practices) when information is adjusted with the task, student is given situations that are close to the situations of professional activities, where the student is a participant of the study process, he/she is active, takes decisions and is responsible for them (analysis of situations).
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Ten-grade criterion-based assessment system and accumulative assessment is applied. Semester study results are assessed during current assessments (papers are written, projects made, laboratory works described and then presented orally, etc.). The studies of every subject end with examination or assessment of the student’s self-study work (project, course paper, evaluation of practical activities, etc.). Current assessments and examination grades comprise final assessment. The proportions are provided in the course programmes.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Scope of the main part of study field subjects is 135 credits (including practical training).
Key subjects: Freight Automobiles and Forecastles, Railway, Logistics, Transport System, Information Technologies in Logistics, Technology of Loading Works, Transportation of Passengers, Carriage of Cargo, Transport Economics, Law of Transport etc.
Practice of professional activities: Transport, Logistics, Carriage of Cargo Apprenticeship and Final. Duration of the practice of professional activities is 20 weeks.
Students can choose between optional (alternative) subjects: Methodology of Applied Research / Philosophy / Russian for beginners/ Management / Psychology / Business English/ Safe Exploitation of an Automobile / Road Safety / Smart Transport Systems, Transport Terminals / Warehouses, customs procedures / Freight Forwarding and Insurance, Transportation of Hazardous cargo / Multimodal Transportation.
9 credits are given to freely optional subjects. Students can choose freely optional subjects from those offered by the College or gain credits by participating in mobility projects.
From the second course students can choose minor management study field instead of alternative and freely optional subjects. After completion of major and minor studies a double professional Bachelor degree is given. The following subjects shall be studied after minor ma