Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train logistic technologists capable of:
designing technological processes regarding cargo and passenger transportation by land vehicles, using new technologies, selecting an appropriate mode of transport, designing a rational route, preparing shipping documentation, evaluating technical, operational and economic indicators considering the complex competitive environment;
identifying and addressing challenges regarding accumulation and storage of cargoes taking into account freight and passenger traffic and technological process costs; logistic technologists are capable of planning the efficient vehicles operation, of managing transport technological process, of evaluating freight transportation conditions and logistics system processes, as well as evaluating the efficiency of loading mechanisms and vehicles technical condition;
analyzing and evaluating business environment and organizing company’s activity;
applying professional, general engineering and general personal skills and civic values.
Graduates will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the structure of transport system, its elements interaction, development trends, specific traffic safety and environmental issues.
2. Apply knowledge in organizing of cargo and passenger transportation by land transport.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of transport economic system, its development and regulatory laws, material, human and financial resources required for cargo and passenger transportation.
4. Analyze freight and passenger flows considering specific business environment, and carry out studies on freight and passenger traffic.
5. Integrate transportation processes into logistics system.
6. Evaluate and select loading mechanisms considering the type of product, lot size and freight technologies.
7. Collect, analyze and interpret data required for the planning of cargo and passenger transportation.
8. Calculate the economic and technical - operational indicators of transportation process.
9. Select and apply new technologies in the designing, organizing, managing and monitoring the technological processes of freight and passenger transportation.
10. Professionally organize cargo and passenger transportation considering the cost, safety, quality, reliability, and environmental impact.
Teaching and learning activities :
Innovative methods of teaching and learning, virtualization of study process are applied. Lectures, seminars, discussions, work in groups, practical tasks, analysis of literature, development of projects, etc.
Student-centered self-study work is based on tasks, work in groups where the problem -solving, critical thinking, project work are of a great importance.
Methods of student achievement assessment:
Accumulative grading strategy is applied in the student achievement assessment. Course learning outcomes are estimated during the semester through the passed tests, practical, laboratory, self-study work, etc. The final assessment for the course consists of the weighted average mark (WAM) obtained during the mid-assessments and the examination/student independent work (project).
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Scope of general education consists of 22 credits; scope of special education consists of 149 credits including 106 credits for study field - related subjects; 11 credits for optional (alternative) subjects; 30 credits for professional practical training; 9 credits for thesis preparation and assessment; 9 credits for optional subjects.
The main study field - related subjects are as follows: Economy of Transport Businesses, Railways, Freight and Passenger Transportation, Road Transport Law, Loading Work Organization, Logistics, Trucks and Superstructures, Safe Operation of Automobiles, Transport Terminals.
It is possible:
• to deepen the study field knowledge (scope - 11 credits) by selec