Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Candidates complete a practical assignment in the field or in a simulated situation in order to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation.
- The completion of the practical assignment is accompanied by an oral presentation.
- Completed secondary vocational education in the "Stove maker – ceramic tile layer" progamme or a pass in the master craftsman examination in stovemaking; or at least completed secondary vocational education including the technical part of the final examination (product with oral presentation) for the vocational qualification "Stovemaker – ceramic tile layer (Pečar – polagalec keramičnih oblog/pečarka – polagalka keramičnih oblog) and
- three years' work experience, demonstrated by proof of works carried out in the stovemaking and ceramic tile laying field, and
- proof of at least three interventions in architectural heritage properties completed and documented in accordance with the occupational standard that forms part of this catalogue and approved by a restorer who has passed the professional examination in the protection of cultural heritage.