Knowledge: On completion of the study programme the student shall be able to:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of the theoretical foundations of statistics.
- Contribute new knowledge to statistics, by extending statistical methods or theories.
- Discuss recent research in applied and theoretical statistics.
Skills: On completion of the study programme the student shall be able to:
- Plan and apply statistical methods and theory to develop and solve complex problems.
- Use computer software and computer programming to solve applied and theoretical statistical projects.
Competences: On completion of the study programme the student shall be able to:
- Use statistical reasoning at a level including the development of new statistical methods, and explain these to scholars and a general audience.
- Derive and communicate to scholars the theoretical foundations of new statistical methods.
- Demonstrate independent, broad-minded and critical thinking, and innovative approaches in solving problems.