During the guidance process the candidate prepares a personal portfolio, which a committee then assesses, validating catalogue content in part or in full. If the committee is unable to validate all contents of the catalogue, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
- Practical test of interpreting from spoken Slovene to Slovene sign language and from Slovene sign language to spoken Slovene with an oral presentation,
- oral presentation (presentation and explanation) of a written assignment in the social care field (for a more detailed description see the tasks for verification in point 11 of this catalogue – task "Outline of social care").
Candidates enclose the written assignment in their portfolio or prepare it in the period before verification (at the guidance stage).
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
- At least a secondary technical or general secondary qualification,
- three years' experience using Slovene sign language (formal or informal certification) or the NVQ certificate "Assistant for communication in Slovene sign language",
- medical certificate confirming adequate state of health (hearing, speech, fingers, hands).