Latvian qualifications database (...more
Knowledge (knowledge and understanding):
In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge, scientific, professional and creative skills for creative and research activities in the field of transport systems engineering, which provides skills to create and apply new, exceptionally effective technologies, methodologies and systems, and provides opportunity to successfully join knowledgeable and skilful professionals in international transport and logistics community.
The curriculum of the study program is constantly updated to integrate the latest discoveries in the professional field of transport systems.
The acquired advanced knowledge provides the basis for creative thinking and research activity in different fields (transport information technologies; transport machine design; transport system design and technologies; control, maintenance and repair technologies for special and mechanical equipment).
Skills (ability to use knowledge, communication, general skills):
- students are able to independently apply theory, methods and problem solving skills to carry out research activity in the field of transport and logistics;
- they can propose new solutions, methodologies or technologies in the field of transport;
- students are able to reasonably explain and discuss with professionals and non-professionals the application of complex mathematical models for investigating problems in the field of transport and make calculations to optimize the design of transport technical facilities and special equipment;
- students are able to independently direct the development and specialization of their competences and assume responsibility for the results and analysis of personnel team work;
- to conduct business activities in a transport company and analyse their efficiency;
- to organize, manage and control the work on maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment;
- to implement innovations in the field of transport systems and in the profession of a transport engineer;
- to carry out research, design models of the system, apply research results and formulate proposals for normative documents;
- to prepare reports and publications and present the results;
- students can learn in difficult and unpredictable conditions and, if necessary, change these conditions by applying new approaches.
Competences (analysis, synthesis and evaluation):
Students are able to independently formulate and critically analyse scientific and professional problems of transport systems engineering, substantiate decisions and, if necessary, carry out additional analysis.
Students are able to integrate knowledge from different fields to contribute to logistics and transport systems engineering:
- creation, improvement and management of an integrated, balanced multimodal and intermodal transport system;
- development of a cutting-edge transport technological system and technology, etc.;
- students can contribute to the creation of new knowledge related to research methods development or professional activity in the field of transport systems;
- students can demonstrate understanding and ethical responsibility for the possible effect of scientific results or professional activity on the environment and society.
Professional Master education provides basic knowledge that ensures a certain level of cultural intelligence providing the opportunity to start social activities and maintain relations with Latvian and foreign colleagues.
Students can apply knowledge and skills in a changeable situation;
- they have an ability to express attitude in compliance with professional ethics and an ability to act professionally and ethically.
- Riga Technical University
KAĻĶU IELA 1, RĪGA, LV-1050
Transport systems engineer (2144 45)
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (bachelor, professional bachelor or professional higher education qualification) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field of higher education, as well as a certain professional experience laid down by higher education institution
Formal (through education programmes)