Latvian qualifications database (...more
It is expected that graduates after the acquisition of Professional Master Study Program “Transport Electronics and Telematics” will have the following knowledge and skills for further professional activity and enrolling in Doctoral studies:
- in-depth knowledge of the information transmission theory which includes optimal receivers, schemes of Vitebri detector/decoder, signal receiving and transmission in Walsh base, data encoding and data protection (cryptography);
- the skill to apply sophisticated kinds of modulation for signals transmission (Pulse-Amplitude Modulation, Phase Modulation, Quadrature-Amplitude Modulation, Frequency Modulation, Continuous-Phase Frequency Modulation, Minimum Shift Keying) and knowledge of its basic features as well as the skill to evaluate the probability of mistake in detecting of such signals;
- the skill to analyse the operation of equalizer and to count the coefficients of digital equalizer for the given communication channel;
- knowledge of systems theory, the skill to perform signal processing of analogue and digital transmitter, the skill to apply Kalman filter for the improvement of measurement accuracy;
- the skill to modulate the operation of transceiver’s track in the Simulink environment in channels with different modulation kinds;
- knowledge of digital spectral analysis and its application skills (FFT, method of periodograms, parametric methods: Levinson-Durbin algorithm, Burg ladder filters, etc.).
- the skill to create digital signal processing systems (FIR, IIR filters, tunable resonators, wave filters);
- the skill to analyse optical fiber communication systems and technical electrodynamics fundamentals;
- the skill to design computer networks with the given requirements of Quality of Service (QoS).
- Riga Technical University
KAĻĶU IELA 1, RĪGA, LV-1050
Electronics engineer (2152 01)
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (bachelor, professional bachelor or professional higher education qualification) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field of higher education, as well as a certain professional experience laid down by higher education institution
Formal (through education programmes)