Latvian qualifications database (...more
The aim of the programme is;
- to provide the students with qualitative education, which addresses the needs of the state and complies with the requirements of profession standard, and as such, provides opportunities to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge, improve research skills and abilities,
- thus training students for work in environmental management and creating opportunities for them to undertake doctoral studies.
Knowledge on the RL and EU environmental law and institutional system as well as in administrational principles of enterprise and institution management have been acquired;
- understanding of the interaction that takes place between economic, social environment and nature environment during the development of the society developed;
- competence in methods of assessing the environmental quality (in compliance with the parameters and indicators required by the RL and EU normative acts) gained,
- as well as competence in methods of mathematical analysis of the data and knowledge on acquisition of information, necessary for environmental planning,
- by employing geographic positioning equipment and geographic information systems, maps.
The following abilities have been developed:
- to apply practical skills and theoretical knowledge, acquired during the studies, in decision making;
- to define principal tasks and activities necessary for environmental management, and to choose the most optimal environmental management methods;
- to develop and introduce environmental projects.
- University of Daugavpils
VIENĪBAS IELA 13, DAUGAVPILS, LV-5400
Specialist in Nature Protection (2133 02)
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (bachelor, professional bachelor or professional higher education qualification) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field of higher education, as well as a certain professional experience laid down by higher education institution
Formal (through education programmes)