Latvian qualifications database (...more
There has been acquired the basic and specialized knowledge to perform the official duties of the State Border Guard senior officer in the State Border Guard, that is demonstrated by critically assessing awareness of the gained knowledge and the ability to apply the acquired knowledge in practice, demonstrating professional competence in the management, law and border guard spheres;
- there has been developed professional and research competence in the chosen professional sphere by doing professional practical work, presenting study papers and the results of professional practice, elaborating and presenting a diploma paper.
1. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of notion:
1.1. legal acts of the European Union laws their hierarchy and application;
1.2. basics of the European Union law;
1.3. State military defence strategy;
1.4. economic and social geography development trends of the world countries;
1.5. quality management system;
1.6. strategic management;
1.7. change management;
1.8. political science;
1.10. legal psychology;
1.11 basics of pedagogy;
1.13. search and rescue of people;
1.14. basics of financial accounting;
1.15. basics of marketing.
2. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of understanding of:
2.1. management theory;
2.2. management psychology;
2.3. theory of law;
2.4. constitutional rights;
2.5. public international law;
2.6. international contracts and agreements;
2.7. international communication;
2.8. intercultural communication;
2.9. functions and tasks of competent services;
2.10. organisation of operative activity and pre-trial investigation process;
2.11. forensic science;
2.13. preparation order of laws and regulations;
2.14. laws and regulations and agreements in the field of institution cooperation;
2.15. law of obligations;
3.17. laws and regulations in the field of radiometric control;
3.17. laws and regulations in the field of public procurements;
3.17. laws and regulations in the field of customs control;
2.19. legal order of data protection;
2.20. description of the information systems used in State Border Guard, possibilities of uses and terms of conduct;
2.21. laws and regulations in the field of use and management of the real estate and engineering structure;
2.22. technical features and maintenance requirements of radio metrical control tools;
2.23. laws and regulations in the field of storage and write-off of vehicles, material and technical resources, engineering tools, arms and other material values ;
2.24. basics of the civil protection;
2.25. personality psychology;
2.26. organizational psychology;
2.30. basics of economics;
2.32. business etiquette;
2.33. professional terminology in the official language and at least two foreign languages.
3. The KNOWLEDGE at the level of use:
3.1. human rights;
3.2. administrative rights;
3.3. trights of administrative process;
3.4. criminal rights;
3.5. criminal process rights;
3.6. organisation of border surveillance;
3.7. organisation of border checks;
3.8. activity organization in the department providing immigration control;
3.9. laws and regulations in the border surveillance field;
3.10. laws and regulations in the field of border control;
3.11. laws and regulations in the ield of immigration and asylum;
3.12. laws and regulations in the field of asylum seeking and detained foreigner accommodation;
3.13. legal order of the operative activity;
3.14. legal order of the work with the State secret;
3.15. risk analysis;
3.16. information processing methods;
3.17. decision making;
3.18. profiling, interviewing and identification methods of a person;
3.19. laws and regulations in the field of deportation and return procedures;
3.20. laws and regulations governing the official process;
3.21. laws and regulations governing the legal employment relationship;
3.22. laws and regulations in the field of recording, storage and write-off of vehicles, material and technical resources, engineering tools, armaments and other material values ;
3.23. technical data, parameters and maintenance requirements of technical resources, engineering tools and armss;
3.24. structure of firearms, functioning principles;
3.25. organization management;
3.26. personnel management;
3.27. time management;
3.28. personnel collection;
3.30. computer knowledge and computer software applications;
3.31. public safety and order;
3.32. measures in case of emergency situations, exceptional conditions and in case of military hazards;
3.33. basics of military readiness;
3.34. labor protection;
3.35. fire safety;
3.36. environmental protection;
3.37. development and drawing up order of documents;
3.39. first aid;
3.40. professional ethics;
3.42. official language;
3.43. at least two foreign languages at the communication level;
3.44. communication, public performance;
3.45. business communication;
3.46. communication psychology;
3.47. interaction culture.
1. To determine priorities of border check, border surveillance, immigration control.
2. To develop and delegate border check, border surveillance, immigration control tasks and to control their performance.
3. To determine the resource utilization priorities and order, plan optimal task performance resources and to evaluate effectivity.
4. To organize and control normative act compliance with border check, border surveillance, immigration control, asylum, deportation and return procedures, pre-trial investigation processes and operative measure task performance.
5. To gather, process, evaluate, analysthe information related to the border check, border surveillance, immigration control, asylum, deportation and return procedures, operative measures and pre-trial investigation processes, to perform its exchange and to use the results of information analysis in the practice.
6. To analyse statistical data, resultative and qualitative indicators of department operation.
7. To make conclusions and to use them to determine tasks at the border check, border surveillance, immigration control, operative activities and pre-trial investigation processes.
8. To lead and control deportation and return procedures.
9. To lead and control asylum procedures in granting of the refugee or alternative status.
10. To lead and control transportation, accommodation and guarding of asylum seekers and detained foreigners under security surveillance.
11. To organize obtaining of operative information
12. To organize accountancy in the operative accounting cases.
13. To lead and control operative activity measures, including measures to be taken in a special way.
14. To organize involvement of the persons in secret cooperation.
15. To provide judicial fulfillment of the processual activities.
16. To lead and control pre-trial investigation processes.
17. To organize composing of administrative acts and to issue administrative acts within own competence.
18. To evaluate regulations contained in the normative acts and to provide suggestions to management regarding necessary improvements.
19. To organize performance of department operation regulating normative acts.
20. To organize and control document performance and formalizing according to normative act requirements.
21. To organize and control the use of information systems.
22. To organize and control the compliance with person rights and legal interests.
23. To organize cooperation agreement and interdepartmental agreement project performance, evaluation and to control their fulfillment.
24. To organize and control compliance with labor protection and fire safety requirement.
25. To organize and perform environmental safety measures according to State order guard competence.
26. To organize and control customs control measures according to State border control competence.
27. To organize and lead personnel activities in the emergency situations, exceptional conditions and in case of military hazards.
28. To organize provide human search and rescue measures.
29. To organize public safety and order measures.
30. To organize un to perform preventive measures.
31. To organize and perform cooperation with State institutions, foreign competent authorities, as well as legal and physical persons.
32. To organize and perform radio metrical control.
33. To perform official duties within the framework of international events.
34. To organize rational maintenance of real estate and engineering structures, as well as use, maintenance, recording, storage and write-off, eventual condition evaluation and control of vehicles, material and technical resources, engineering tools, arms and other material values.
35. To plan, lead and coordinate the department activity, as well as organize work in the team.
36. To plan and provide financially economical functioning of the department.
37. To organize, lead and control purc
- Rezekne Higher Education Institution
ATBRĪVOŠANAS ALEJA 115, RĒZEKNE, LV-4601
State Border Guard senior officer (3351 08)
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)