Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train primary school teacher who will have acquired the latest knowledge of the science of pedagogy and applied research and who will be able to create conditions for primary school children‘s quality learning
Knowledge and its application
1. Acquisition of the knowledge of subjects underpinning primary education and the science of education (pedagogy, psychology, philosophy, and subject-specific didactic) and the ability to apply it to the process of education.
2. The knowledge of the characteristics of primary school children‘s development (cognitive, social, and physical) and education and the ability to apply it to professional activity.
3. The knowledge of education-related documents regulating all the fields of primary education and of the management of educational processes (the content of education, the aims, planning, organisation and management, as well as the strategies, methods, and technologies of teaching and (self-) assessment).
1. The ability to apply the knowledge underpinning primary education and the science of education, to identify the problem for applied research, to formulate its aim and objectives, and to choose and to apply research strategies and methods.
2. The ability to perform an analysis, summarisation, and interpretation of the data of the research outcomes and to formulate conclusions and recommendations.
1. The ability to creatively and effectively apply the information technologies for (self-)education to the process of primary education and to develop schoolchildren‘s information culture.
2. The ability to create a safe (self) education environment that would promote schoolchildren‘s emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual development, critical thinking, and creativity.
3. The ability to plan the teaching of a subject: to develop a syllabus (of the subject, integrated, and mixed), to formulate
4. the aims, objectives, and the intended learning outcomes, to choose teaching/learning methods, to develop teaching/learning materials, and to plan resources.
5. The ability to organise and manage the process of primary education seeking the balance between knowledge imparting and consulting, management and leadership, and observation and supervision; to apply specific and various strategies, types, ways, and methods of (self-) assessment; to take into account the (self-) education of integrated schoolchildren with special needs.
1. The ability to recognise cultural diversity, to collaborate in inter-institutional and /or interdisciplinary group (team) when participating in the processes of changes in the society and education.
2. The ability to accept responsibility for the quality of one‘s professional activity and to present the results of the activity in accordance with professional ethics.
1. The ability of independent learning and of critical and creative thinking by reflecting on one‘s professional activity and planning one‘s professional development.
2. The ability to use correct state and foreign languages (verbal and non-verbal, oral and written).
Activities of teaching and learning:
Case study (case studies), group work, debates, diary, discussion, group (team) project, idea (thought) mapping, individual counselling, individual project, information search assignment, interactive lecture, traditional lecture, lab works, analysis of literature, literature review presentation, small group counselling, analysis of scientific literature, field trips, working visits, practical assignments, problem-based teaching, simulation of real-life situations, recommended reading, seminar, application of special software packages, problem solution, role plays, activity reflection.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Case study, portfolio, diary, exam, essay, group work, group (team) project, idea (thought) mapping, individual work, individual project, peer assessment, colloquium (teacher and/or specialist/practitioner managed evaluative talk (interview)), control work, a qualifying (final) paper, analysis of literature, literature review preparation and presentation, practice report, seminar report, problem solution assignment, project report, essay, self-assessment, intermediary exam, test, problem solution, activity reflection, oral illustrated report
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
General courses of university studies
Foreign Language 1
Foreign Language 2
Elective general subject of university studies
Courses in the field of pedagogy:
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Pedagogy
Social and Inclusive Education
Education Modelling and Organisation (with a practicum)
Professional Language and Expression
Final Thesis of the Studies of Pedagogy
Pedagogical Practice 1
Pedagogical Practice 2
Pedagogical Practice 3
Pedagogical Practice 4
Courses of pedagogical specialism (primary education)
Teaching of Lithuanian (with a practicum) 1
Teaching of Lithuanian (with a practicum) 2
Teaching of Lithuanian (with a practicum) 3
Teaching of Mathematics (with a practicum) 1
Teaching of Mathematics (with a practicum)) 2
Teaching of World Cognition (with a practicum)
Teaching of Art and Technologies (with a practicum)
Teaching of Music (with a practicum) 1
Teaching of Music (with a practicum) 2
Teaching of Physical Education (with a practicum)
Health Education in Primary School
Pedagogical Psychology (with a practicum)
Primary Education Pedagogy (with a practicum)
Teaching of Ethics (with a practicum)
ICT in Education
Course paper 1
Course paper 2
Distinctive features of a study programme:
An elective of general university studies
Pedagogical Research (with a practicum)
Development of Teacher‘s Research Competence
Special Children‘s Education and Social Integration
Prevention of Children‘s Social Exclusion at School
Management and Leadership in Primary Education
(Self-) Education of Critical and Reflexive Thinking
Ethnocultural Education in Primary School
Children‘s Religious Education
Media Education and Technologies
Training of Schoolchildren’s Computer Literacy
Pedagogy and Psychology of Creativity
Decorative Art Technologies
Musical Creative Games
Dance Teaching (with a practicum)
Music Making in Primary School
Family Pedagogy and Psychology
Parents‘ Pedagogical Education
Children‘s Recreation and Non-Formal Education(with a practicum)
Intro to Children‘s Rights Education
Child‘s Care and Custody
A free-choice course