Objective(s) of a study programme:
The program is intended to prepare the professionals of pastoral care who are able to independently analyze the characteristics of pastoral work, with authority to determine the problems and their causes, to develop and to organize the pastoral care activity inside and outside of church institution sand in it coordinating structures, responding to different groups of believers and their needs. Study objectives: to prepare to participate effectively in the parish, deanery or diocesan pastoral activities, to be able to create their own jobs and create benefits for both the other, both for yourself and to develop the necessary competencies of pastoral work, creativity, initiative, reflectivity, communication.
1. To defend prepared a research paper project making references to the methodology of theological research;
2. Critically assess validity and reliability of research results to resolve problematic situations in pastoral work;
3. To organize pastoral activities in church organizations and state institutions;
4. Plan teaching and learning processes in order to ensure the effective pastoral activity in all its areas;
5. To provide pastoral assistance to individuals in various critical situations;
6. To choose the means of the new evangelization in pastoral work;
7. Assess the quality of pastoral activity in order to ensure its efficiency;
8. To prepare the strategies, programs, projects of the pastoral activities of the implementation.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Teaching methods: demonstration, explanation, moderating, giving feedback, observation.
Learning methods: case studies, problem solving, designing, discussions, group work, imitation (simulation).
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Formal assessment methods: testing; analysis of research plans and research tools, presentations of independent work.
Non-formal assessment methods: critical assessment, analytical assessment of answers to questions, discussion based on assessment.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
The volume of study subjects – 120 ECTS
Child and Adoslescent Psychology; Youth Preparation for Family Life; New Evengelization in the Secular World; Christian Anthropology in the Postmodern Ministry; The New Paradigms of Youth Ministry; Health and Christian Morality; The Methodology of Scientific Work in the Pastoral Theology; Liturgical Pastoral Work of God‘s People in Creating Sense of Community; Means of Social Communication in Pastoral Ministry; Pastoral Care; Research Paper No 1; Research Paper No 2; The Final Work of Master (License) in Pastoral Theology: Exam ex tota theologia and Master (Licenciate) Graduation Paper of Pastoral Theology.
Politics and the People of God; Interreligious Dialogue in the Multicultural Context; Legal Aspects of the Sacrament of Matrimony; Pastoral Care of Vocations and Moral Relativism.
Distinctive features of a study programme:
The program of Pastoral Theology is the only program of its kind in Lithuania, where Graduates receive a qualification of Licentiate of Theology (STL).