Degree holders possess knowledge of the field of museology, which entails that holders:
- Have attained a good knowledge of museology, theories and concepts.
- Are aware of what makes up an academic explanation.
- Have developed a critical perspective
- Have attained good general knowledge of the main features of museology and detailed knowledge of the field.
- Have attained a knowledge of the main research methodologies used within the field of museology and a good working knowledge of approaches within the field.
- Have attained a comprehensive understanding of good museum practices.
- Know how to apply critical evaluation processes.
Degree holders can apply the methods and procedures of the field of museology, which entails that holders:
- Have learned how to work independently and learned how to present material in a scholarly fashion.
- Can apply museological approaches to given projects.
- Know how to analyse material independently and can apply them critically.
- Have the ability to work in groups and direct the work of others.
- Know how to evaluate the quality of museological research and practices.
Degree holders can apply their knowledge and skills in a practical way in their profession and for further studies, which entails that holders:
- Have learned how to present (written, practical) work in a professional and scholarly manner.
- Know how to acquire research and/or source material in the field and prepare them for preservation and analysis.
- Can provide logical explanations for the importance of museological knowledge.
- Know how to think critically.
- Show initiatives in their studies.
- Know how to explain museological phenomena and argue of their importance.
- Know how to construct and organize academic writing.
- Know how to search for and organize pertinent sources in order to increase his/her knowledge.
- Have attained the necessary academic skills to be able to take on further academic studies.
- Have attained independence and confidence, and apply it to both work and study.
- Have the ability to study independently, to organize their work, time and meet deadlines.
- Have attained skills in maintaining their knowledge.