The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The Postgraduate Programme of the Pedagogic Department of the School of Pedagogical & Technological Education (ASPETE) is a programme of studies which aims to the scientific investigation and examination of issues, concerns, and a combination of organisational, design, auditing, management, and evaluating parameters, focused on learning and educational processes in various state and private educational organisations (for the primary, secondary, and tertiary education).
Its objective is to provide quality education about the Sciences of Education, with the purpose of allowing its graduates to familiarise with and acquire a strong scientific background on the innovations of the Education Sciences, and especially on educational and school organisation, management, and leadership, and also on the creation of innovative administrative educational models. Furthermore, it contributes to the promotion of research and the creation of new, innovative knowledge and skills.
Specifically, it aims at the following:
- the preparation and training of educational officers of higher rank and level;
- the provision of Managerial Executives for Administration in the Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Education.
The basic purposes of the Programme are the following:
- A composite approach of theory, scientific methodology, and strategies for the production of applicable educational policies and actions.
- Reinforcement of knowledge and experiences related to the leadership, organisation, and management of innovations for the school.
- Use of modern international research findings about educational organisation and leadership, the management of human resources, and the integration of new practices in the educational policy.
- Improvement of understanding of the leadership practices at a social, cultural, and institutional level.
- Use of the ICTs with regard to the ability of using them for the more effective organisation and management of school units.
- Familiarisation and critical review of a series of practices for the management of crises and behaviour problems faced in school and in the educational community.
- Understanding the importance and the role of specialisation for the effective organisation of the learning and social environment, and with the purpose of ensuring the educational quality of school units.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
In order to award the title of the Master of Science, it is necessary to gather 120 ECTS credits, which are allocated to the courses taught and to the dissertation.
Each course may constitute a compete section but may also refer to the sum of two or more relevant sections.
Summary list of courses:
- Methodology of educational research
- Educational administration and administration of school organisations
- Quality assurance
- Management of behavioural problems in the school environment
- Development and management of innovations in the school unit
- Evaluation - Self-evaluation for the School unit
- Applications of new technologies in the management of education
- Educational policy
- Development of leadership skills for education
The teaching sections can be scaled and performed in collaboration or in parallel between the professors. In addition, it is possible for teaching sections to be accompanied by practice in external areas, such as businesses, schools, organisations, etc.
Three (3) compulsory courses of the specialisation are taught during the first three academic semesters, in every semester. The total amount of teaching hours per week per semester is 9.
In the fourth semester of the Postgraduate programme, the postgraduate students are obliged to attend single or two-day seminars and practical exercises, which may accompany the programme and conduct their postgraduate work at the same time, which accounts to 30 credits.
The studies are divided into sections. The sections refer to groups of courses covering part of the title of studies.
Each section is completed by examination and grading of performance.
The performance in coursework and exams are proven with the help of a credit system. The credit calculation method used is the European Credit Transfer System.
The number of credits refers to the quantitative compulsory requirement, in order to meet the conditions of the curriculum and of the exams. In addition, the duration of the presentations both with regard to their preparation and their delivery is taken into consideration. These times are matched to performance units. The successful completion of all sections and the submission of a dissertation lead to graduation.
School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE)
ΑΣΠΑΙΤΕ, Ηράκλειο Αττικής 141 21, Τηλ.: 210-2896700, email: email@example.com
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.