Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Independent higher education institution, School of Advanced Social Studies (FUDŠ), Nova Gorica
In order to complete the programme, students must complete all course units prescribed by the study programme.
- Bachelor's degree in applied social studies; or
- a completed first-cycle study programme in a relevant field and at least 180 ECTS credits (under the Bologna system); or
- a completed study programme leading to a professional higher education qualification in a relevant field (pre-Bologna system); or
- a completed study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification in a relevant field (pre-Bologna system); or
- completed equivalent study programmes in other fields as set out in the previous indents and completed additional course units totalling 12 credits; candidates must complete the additional course units before defending their master's thesis by completing the subjects Social Theory (6 credits) and Research Methods in Social Sciences (6 credits).