Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
- A completed undergraduate programme in library science with an average grade of at least 8 in examinations and course work,
- at least two years' work experience in the fields of library science, information science or book production (this requirement does not apply to candidates who received a grade of 9 or 10 for their bachelor’s thesis), and
- demonstrated proficiency in one foreign language (English),
- candidates who do not have a degree in library science but have at least two years' work experience in the field of library science, information science or book production and have been awarded a grade of at least 4 in a required technical examination or have acquired a specialist or research qualification in their area of expertise,
- demonstrated proficiency in one foreign language (English).
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
To complete their studies, students must complete all course units prescribed by the study programme and successfully defend their master's thesis. Graduates of this programme must complete the programme by the 30.9.2016.