The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Thorough and complete understanding of the principles and applications of the basic operations for managing energy systems.
• Specialisation on issues for the strategic management of energy.
• Understanding of the procedure for evaluating and managing risk in the energy market.
• Familiarisation with the methods for forecasting the demand for energy.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise data and information, using the necessary technologies.
• Plan and manage projects.
• Generate new research ideas.
• Promote free, creative, and conductive thought.
• Practical application of the knowledge.
• Adjustment to new situations.
• Autonomous work.
• Group work.
• Work within an international environment.
• Respect to diversity and multiculturalism.
• Respect to the natural environment
• Presentation of social, professional, and moral responsibility with regard to gender-related issues.
• Opportunity to criticise and self-criticise.
• Written and oral communication in English.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The MSc in Energy Management of the International Hellenic University aims to provide postgraduate education in issues of energy, the economy, and management, and it is addressed to students and company or organisation executives interested in acquiring specialised knowledge in this field.
The basic objectives of the Postgraduate Programme are the following:
• The provision of interdisciplinary education in the field of energy and its financial parameters, which allows the development of all skills necessary in the modern labour market.
• Provision of basic financial, technological, institutional, and administrative knowledge that are necessary for the successful professional career in organisations, governments, and businesses of the braches related to the management of energy and the administration of its systems.
• Opportunity to acquire knowledge on the current legislative and regulatory framework governing the production, use, transport, storage, purchase and sale of energy.
In order to obtain the Master of Science in Energy Management, it is necessary to gather ninety (90) ECTS credits during three semesters (30 ECTS credits per semester).
International Hellenic University
14ο χλμ Θεσσαλονίκης-Μουδανίων, 57001 Θέρμη Τηλ: 2310-807552 Φαξ: 2310-
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.