The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Specialised psycho-pedagogical knowledge on issues related to learning, teaching, organisation and administration of education and interpersonal relations at school.
• Sensitisation on issues of art and culture, in order to contribute to the upgrading of educational practice and support research related to the above objects.
• Sensitisation on issues of communication and personal development, such as recognition and expression of personal feelings, use of empathy as a means of communication, stress management and management of difficulties and problems related to the classroom, school unit and other workplaces.
• Familiarisation of graduate students with the organization of cultural activities and educational programs after monitoring such activities in schools, museums, institutions and organisations dealing with culture, followed by comments and recording of views.
• Exploit the capabilities of modern curricula in the teaching practice to meet students' learning needs.
• Application of alternative forms of teaching and modern student performance assessment systems.
• Recognition of the psychological needs of students and identification of learning problems with a view to providing them with the assistance required.
• Cultivation of cultural interests of students and their sensitivity to issues of culture and respect for cultural diversity.
• Continuous development with autonomy of their knowledge and skills at a higher level.
• Professionally apply specialised knowledge and skills acquired and effectively deal with new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues.
• Decision-making starting with inductive thinking.
• Translation of new knowledge into innovative practices in professional and research space.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The subject of the Postgraduate Programme “Education and Culture” is to train tertiary education graduates in matters of education and culture. The Programme aims to couple educational process with cultural education, two disciplines that operate independently, while it would be useful to cooperate and offer feedback to each other. Specifically, the purpose of the Programme is to provide these graduates with specialized psycho educational knowledge on issues related to learning, teaching, organisation and administration of education and interpersonal relations at school as well as their awareness on issues of art and culture, to help them contribute to the upgrading of educational practice and support research related to the above objects.
Eleftheriou Venizelou Street
Holders of M.Sc. in “Education and Culture” have the opportunity to work in high positions in both the private and public sectors, and as self-employed. More specifically, they can:
• undertake executive tasks in the management of School Units and Directorates of Education,
• undertake tasks of School Advisors,
• undertake educational work in special education structures,
• take care in schools of the organisation of cultural activities, such as the organisation of theatrical performances and school groups, magazine publishing, creation of school museums, collections, etc.
• undertake, in the Ministry of Culture, local authorities and the private sector, the organization of cultural activities and implementation of educational programs,
• implement Innovative Actions, organized by the Ministry of Education.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.