The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Graduates of the programme have the following:
• Have increased expertise in Science of Decision Making through Information Systems and incorporate elements of scientific cutting edge developments in the fields related to Decision Sciences and Applications of Information Systems in Business and Organizations Management.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the principles, theories, methodologies and practices of Science of Decision Making through Information Systems and its interface with other areas of knowledge.
• Have increased critical understanding of the evolutionary dynamics and cutting-edge issues in all areas of Science of Decision Making through Information Systems.
• Select and organize appropriate strategies and practices for effective Management of Businesses and Organizations in the context of continuous change.
• Implement methodological approaches and techniques in the performance of their organizational, production and administrative functions.
• Implement with originality the knowledge acquired in research, analysis and development of innovative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary and innovative issues of Business Administration.
• Articulate in a scientifically documented manner innovative solutions to complex and new issues and formulate valid judgments, taking into account the respective relevant social, economic, cultural and ethical dimensions.
• Document their scientific positions with specialized information and arguments towards a public specialized or not, with clarity, efficiency and accuracy.
• Analyse and process data related to the operation of businesses and organizations and the environments they operate, to solve poorly structured or semi-structured decision problems, and based on the results of the processing they argue for choosing or not a decision.
• Opt on available Decision Support Systems and Information Systems for the processing of problems or determine applications (in special tools) in cases not covered by the available software.
• Continue to develop with autonomy their knowledge and skills at a high level.
• Implement professionally the specialized knowledge and skills they have acquired and effectively address new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues.
• Undertake independently responsibility to analyse mathematical models of actual decision problems, seeking the most appropriate methodological approach and apply it successfully to support decision-making.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The program aims to develop specialized knowledge and skills to analyse and solve problems on items relating to its content, and to create adequate knowledge infrastructure for further research and study.
The graduates get prepared to be able to:
• Demonstrate specialized knowledge of concepts, principles, theories and practices in Decision Sciences with Information Systems and in all business areas in modern innovative Information and Communication Technology used in the design and development of Decision Support Systems, in Applied Mathematics and Operational Research, and in their applications.
• Apply modern methodologies from the disciplines of statistics, multivariate data analysis, operations’ research, economic science and multi-criteria analysis concerning the analysis and processing of decision problems.
• Compose technical and methodological approaches to the design and development of decision support systems, use and efficient application of available software tools for processing decision problems, the use of available information and communication technology for the development of decision support systems.
• Adjust the expertise acquired in matters concerning the modern business environment (production management and project management, logistics, knowledge management and organizational behaviour).
Piraeus University of Applied Sciences Technological Educational Institute of Piraeus (T.E.I. of Piraeus)
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.