The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The graduates of the department:
- Know how to organize cultural information aiming for effective communication with the use of new technologies.
- Know how to manage the available cultural resources of a region, aiming for their showcasing and promotion.
- Know the peculiarities and modern requirements of cultural organisations that fall into cultural industries.
- Understand the role of the ICTs for the showcasing and promotion of the cultural assets.
- Understand the contribution of the ICTs for the production of cultural services and goods.
- Understand the role of the cultural assets for the integrated development of communities at a local, regional, national, and international level.
- They may design and implement innovative, creative, digital applications.
- May select and use informatics technologies depending on the needs, the objectives, and the respective audience.
- May participate in interdisciplinary groups for projects of digital culture.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The purpose of the Postgraduate Studies Programme offered by the Department of Cultural Technology and Communication in "Cultural Informatics and Communication" is the training of highly specialized scientists and researchers in the IT applications of the field of culture in general and of museology specifically. The cycle of studies includes two directions:
II. Design of Digital Cultural Products.
The main objectives of the programme are the following:
- Promotion of scientific knowledge and research in cultural informatics.
- Development of new research directions in the field of informatics.
- Provision of quality postgraduate education for the nationally sensitive fields concerning the formulation of the cultural policies.
- Compatibility of knowledge provided with the needs for recording and promoting cultural inheritance.
- Contribution to the developmental, financial, and technological policy of the country, as such is formulated within the modern context of society of information.
- Linking the knowledge provided with the international developments in the relevant sciences, research directions, and specialisations.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.