The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Knowledge - Learning outcomes:
The graduate acquires specialised and comprehensive knowledge about the region of Macedonia in antiquity, with regard to the following:
• The appearance and the historical course of the kingdom of Macedonia, until the Roman period, based on the data of history, archaeology, mythology, art, monumental topography, and historical geography.
• The examination of the various relations between the Macedonians and the neighbouring peoples in the region of the South Balkans.
• The artistic activity, oriented to subjects of representative and non-representative art and architecture, within a comparative context, including the cartographic representation of ancient Macedonia in modern times.
• The results of the archaeological research in all important regions of Macedonia.
• The language, the dialects, the philology, and generally the cultured that was developed in Macedonia in antiquity.
• The public and private life of the ancient Macedonians, including the political institutions, the religious life, etc.
• The impact of Macedonia to the Hellenistic world.
• Excavations at a site located in Macedonia.
Special Competences - Skills:
The graduate, upon completing the programme, shall also have the following competences:
• Effortless production of oral and written speech in English, using the suitable scientific terminology.
• Identification and dating of archaeological material, identification and commentary on works of art and architecture, and inclusion thereof in their historical context.
• Provision of education with regard to all aspects of the civilisation of ancient Macedonia.
• Provision of consulting work for hosting exhibitions of work of art.
• Work in an archaeological excavation.
• Use of the general methodological tools of the humanitarian and social sciences, and those that are specific for the finding, study, and evaluation of the sources of information.
• Practical application of the knowledge.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise data and information, using the necessary technologies.
• Adjustment to new situations.
• Autonomous work.
• Group work.
• Work within an international environment.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The MA in the History and Archaeology of Ancient Macedonia: From the Kingdom of Macedonia to the World", focuses on Archaeology, Ancient History, and Linguistics. Its focus is specialised on the above three branches, while having a similar orientation.
The composition of the various scientific data is the specialised target of the Programme. To this end, despite the specialisation of the target, interdisciplinary observation is sought after (Archaeology, History, Linguistics, the History of Religions, the History of Eastern nations, etc.). Based on the above, the Postgraduate Programme is mainly addressed to graduates of Philosophical Schools, Schools of Humanitarian Sciences, Departments of Social Anthropology, Ethnography, Journalism, Balkan, Mediterranean or Eastern Studies, and other relevant University departments of domestic or similar accredited institutions abroad, as well as to graduates of TEI of a relevant cognitive subject, such as Preservation of Antiquities and Works of Art.
The graduates of the Programme can be specialised researchers, archaeologists, and historians, professors of the secondary and higher education, politicians and journalists, interested in working in respective fields, such as educational and research foundations, institutions, and bodies interested in ancient Macedonia, and archaeological excavations of the Ministry of Culture in Macedonia.
International Hellenic University
14ο χλμ Θεσσαλονίκης-Μουδανίων, 57001 Θέρμη Τηλ: 2310-807552 Φαξ: 2310-
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.