The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Acquisition of the required historical knowledge about engaging with the history and culture of the Black Sea and its role in the wider cultural environment (e.g. the Mediterranean, Europe, Asia).
• Acquisition of specialised archaeological and historical knowledge about the region of the Black Sea.
• Specialisation of knowledge on issues of ancient, medieval, and modern art in the region of the Black Sea.
• Specialisation of knowledge with regard to the political and diplomatic history, and the international relations of the Black Sea countries.
• Specialisation of the knowledge about the modern financial and political situation of the Black Sea.
• Spherical examination of historical, cultural, and modern condition of a region with continuously increasing importance for the modern world and culture.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise archaeological and historical data and information.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise political and financial data and information.
• Contribution to archaeological and museology projects with regard to the Black Sea.
• Generate new research ideas.
• Promote free, creative, and conductive thought.
• Practical application of the knowledge.
• Adjustment to new situations.
• Autonomous work.
• Group work.
• Work within an international environment.
• Respect to diversity and multiculturalism.
• Respect to the natural environment
• Presentation of social, professional, and moral responsibility with regard to gender-related issues.
• Opportunity to criticise and self-criticise.
• Written and oral communication in English.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The Postgraduate Programme of the International Hellenic University, titled "Black Sea Studies", aims to provide postgraduate education in archaeology, history, international relations, the current political and financial status, and generally on the culture of peoples and countries in the Black Sea region. It is addressed to students and graduates of Archaeological, Historical, Political and Financial (and other relevant) Departments wishing to expand their knowledge either about the past or the present of this region.
The basic objectives of the Postgraduate Programme are the following:
• The provision of interdisciplinary education in the field of history - archaeology - politics and economy of the Black Sea, which allows the development of all skills necessary in the modern labour market.
• Provision of the basic scientific, institutional, and administrative knowledge that are necessary for the successful professional career in organisations, governments, and businesses related to region of the Black Sea.
• Opportunity to acquire specialised knowledge on the past and present of the region of the Black Sea.
In order to acquire the Master of Arts in Black Sea Studies it is necessary to gather ninety (90) ECTS credits within 14 months.
International Hellenic University
14ο χλμ Θεσσαλονίκης-Μουδανίων, 57001 Θέρμη Τηλ: 2310-807552 Φαξ: 2310-
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.