The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Acquisition of specialised legal, financial, and cultural knowledge for a successful career in educational and research centres and institute, in public entities, in businesses and corporations engaged with the commercial exploitation of works of art, in museums, galleries, private collections, law firms, state agencies engaged with the economics, creation, marketing, legal protection, verification of authenticity, and claim of all kinds and forms of works of art.
• Acquisition of specialised legal and financial knowledge about the formulation and operation of markets related to works of art, the financial evaluation and commercial exploitation thereof, including the management of works of art.
• Thorough investigation of the issues related to the national cultural heritage, the preservation of monuments, the borrowing of works of art, in accordance with the national, EU, and international law.
• Connection of the law with archaeology and excavations.
• Acquisition of specialised knowledge about the international establishment of intellectual property rights: the acquisition, renewal, assignment, exploitation, and protection thereof in the modern, international financial markets of art.
• Thorough examination of the issues of constitutional, criminal, civil, procedural, EU, tax, and private international law with regard to the works of art in modern society.
• Creation of databases containing all the critical national and international legislation and jurisprudence on issues related to art.
• Use of logical thinking and critical competence.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise bibliographical data and information, using the necessary technologies.
• Generate new research ideas.
• Promote free, creative, and conductive thought.
• Practical application of the knowledge.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise data and information, using the necessary technologies.
• Adjustment to new situations.
• Autonomous work.
• Group work.
• Work within an international environment.
• Plan and manage projects.
• Respect to diversity and multiculturalism.
• Respect to the natural environment
• Presentation of social, professional, and moral responsibility and sensitivity with regard to gender-related issues.
• Opportunity to criticise and self-criticise.
• Written and oral communication in English.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The "Art, Law and Economy" Postgraduate Programme of studying aims to provide postgraduate education on law, art and the economy, with the purpose of investigating and understanding the operational co-dependence between art, the law, and the economy.
Special attention is paid to the legal, financial, and political concerns emerging and to the respective solutions provided by law and jurisprudence in the wider European and International field, with regard to the creation of works of art, their commercial exploitation, the protection of the rights creates, the operation of the relevant markets, the law on intellectual property, both at European and at international level, the protection of works of art that have been illegally acquired, as well as the general human cultural inheritance.
International Hellenic University
14ο χλμ Θεσσαλονίκης-Μουδανίων, 57001 Θέρμη Τηλ: 2310-807552 Φαξ: 2310-
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.