The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Have increased expertise in the particular scientific fields of Clinical Nutrition, Nutrition and Exercise, Nutrition and Public Health, Nutrition, Food and Consumer, Molecular Nutrition.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the principles, theories, methodologies and practices of Nutrition Science and its interface with other disciplines, such as those of Food Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Metabolism, Genetics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology.
• Have increased critical understanding of the evolutionary dynamics and cutting-edge issues of the science of Dietetics - Nutrition.
• Have the scientific bases to develop initiatives and interventions in the subject of Nutrition and Dietetics, according to their scientific or professional interests.
• Have the scientific bases for original thinking, both in research and professional level.
• Implement fluently theories and methodologies of the science of Dietetics – Nutrition in their research and work in a critical and creative way.
• Implement with originality knowledge acquired about the process of nutritional care, both in research and in the workplace.
• Are able to evaluate, interpret and promote developments in the science of Dietetics - Nutrition.
• Document their positions with specialist information and arguments, towards a specialised or non public, with clarity, adequacy and accuracy.
• Express inductively, in a scientifically justified way, solutions to complex and interdisciplinary issues and formulate valid judgments, taking into account the respective relevant social, economic, cultural and ethical dimensions.
• Continue to develop with autonomy their knowledge and skills at a higher level.
• Implement professionally specialised knowledge and skills acquired, and deal effectively with new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues.
• Make decisions starting with inductive thinking.
• Translate new knowledge into innovative practices in their professional and research area.
• Autonomously undertake responsibility to educate/train and manage a team and evaluate its performance.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The Master's Degree of the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics has as its object the study and application of methods in Applied Dietetics - Nutrition covering mainly the areas of:
a) Clinical Nutrition
b) Nutrition and Exercise
c) Nutrition and Public Health
d) Nutrition, Food and Consumer
e) Molecular Nutrition.
The Programme aims:
a) To train scientific specialists capable to design and manage nutritional interventions at the level of individuals and populations.
b) To train specialised scientists, who will meet needs of executives in public and private entities in the areas of Clinical Nutrition, Nutrition and Exercise, Nutrition and Public Health, Nutrition, Food and Consumer and Molecular Nutrition.
c) To develop research and promote knowledge.
Eleftheriou Venizelou Street
Holders of M.Sc. in “Applied Dietetics-Nutrition” have the opportunity to work in high positions in both the private and public sectors, and as self-employed.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.