Latvian qualifications database (...more
To acquire study courses of the mandatory part comprising the most typical basic aspects of business administration studies - Risk Analysis and Management, Project Management, Social Psychology - to develop and defend a Master's thesis. The thesis is an independent research work comprising a theoretical part and analytical calculations.
The Master's thesis should contain an original idea pertaining to the selected study branch. The obtained results should be presented in the scope and on the level corresponding to the requirements for publication in a business administration journal.
In the sub-programme “Quality assurance and assessment” student learn in depth the preventative and operational methods in quality management, to analyze business quality models based on the latest scientific developments and practices - to acquire the skills to analyze the potential problems of products not meeting the specification, as well as techniques to prevent them;
- investigate the quality system in organizations and evaluate the level of customer satisfaction using the latest research methods.
In the sub-programme “Marketing management” student learn in depth the latest methods and models of the strategic marketing planning, customer action modeling, market demand forecasting, logistics and integrated marketing communications;
- to obtain skills to use marketing research and analysis in decision-making about product management, pricing, distribution and marketing communications.
In the sub-programme “International Economics and Business” provides deep knowledge in International economics and in International business based on the research and newest global trends in the world economy.
The students acquire following skills:
- to look on issues globally, to use the newest economic and business research and the international practical experience in decision making in a changing environment.
In the sub-programme “Strategic management and leadership” student acquires in-depth knowledge on latest contemporary management methods targeted for the middle and top managers - acquire skills to practically apply the latest acknowledgements in the management science to develop and implement strategy or organization, conduct research in the field of management.
In the sub-programme “Marketing research” student learn in depth the latest methods and models of the strategic marketing planning, customer action modeling, market demand forecasting, logistics and integrated marketing communications - to obtain skills to use marketing research and analysis in decision-making about product management, pricing, distribution and marketing communications.
In the sub-programme “Management information systems” students acquire understanding about management information systems importance for competitiveness expanding in the business - get perception about the leadership in the organizations and about social psychology;
- acquire knowledge about accountancy and business financing, information systems’ project management, business data research and analysis, about electronic business systems, about business process modeling and simulation;
- gain experience and skills for self-supporting business problems research, to seek and choose alternative solutions, to lead development projects, apply the latest research methods and tools to gather and analyze information, evaluate efficiency of the taken decisions and their consequences.
In the sub-programme “Management theory” student study in depth the modern theories in management science, to prepare for the middle and top manager positions;
- to acquire skills to practically apply the latest acknowledgements in the management science, to conduct an independent research in the field of business management and present the results in publication quality master thesis.
In the sub-programme “Environment and entrepreneurship” student study in depth the sophisticated management decision making techniques, quantitative methods of socio-economic processes, environmental and business problem-solving and decision-making, scientific research methods - to develop skills independently identify, analyze and solve management problems, use the quantitative methods, create and apply mathematical economic models, creatively develop models and methods of forecasting, conduct an independent research, and to give recommendations.
In the sub-programme “Management of property valuation” student learn in depth the latest theories in the management science, in order to prepare for the functions of middle and top level manager in the real estate valuation institutions - to identify and understand the role of valuation in the management system, to acquire the value theory and valuation methods;
- to acquire the skills which are necessary to use the revenue, cost, market data comparison methods in order to conduct an independent research in management science, focusing to the real estate valuation.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (academic or professional bachelor) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field laid down by higher education Institution
Formal (through education programmes)