Latvian qualifications database (...more
- to obtain contemporary knowledge and skills in any of sub-branches of biology:
- plant physiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, human and animal physiology, ecology, genetics, hydrobiology, microbiology, molecular biology,
- cell biology, zoology and master the understanding of general development tendencies of the biological science;
- to obtain basic knowledge of innovative activities in biology;
- under the guidance of the academic staff to carry out scientific research and present the result in the Master's thesis.
The aim of the Master’s Study programme in Biology is:
- to provide advanced theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in a particular branch of Biology together with generalized overview on the development of the research in modern Biology.
The tasks of the programme include:
- theoretical knowledge and practical skills in one of the branches of Biology:
- Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Botany;
- Cell Biology; Ecology; Genetics; Human and Animal Physiology; Hydrobiology;
- Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Plant Physiology; Zoology;
- basic skills in the implementation of an innovation related to the research in Biology;
- proficiency in pursuing research under the conduct of experienced faculty member and summarizing the ensuing results in the Master’s Thesis.
Advances in theoretical knowledge and cognitive skills in a particular branch of specialization in Biology, general comprehension about the trends of theoretical and methodological development of modern Biology;
- knowledge about the possibilities of starting innovative business in branches, which are related to Biology, skills in preparation of business plans;
Research proficiency (planning and executing experiments or data analysis), which is sufficient to pursue targeted experimental work under supervision of an experienced advisor and aptitude to reflect the obtained results in the form of Master’s Thesis.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (academic or professional bachelor) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field laid down by higher education Institution
Formal (through education programmes)