The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The purpose of the Postgraduate Studies Programme titled "Linguistics of the Southeastern Mediterranean" is the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and methodological / research tools for the scientific study of the language and culture of the countries of the Southeastern Mediterranean.
Following the successful completion of PSP "Linguistics of the Southeastern Mediterranean", the graduates shall be able to use the theoretical background and research tools acquired during their studies to conduct applied research for the language phenomena and language procedures related to the geographical area of Southeastern Mediterranean.
Upon the successful completion of PSP "Linguistics of the Southeastern Mediterranean", the graduates shall have the necessary competences to:
- conduct high level research;
- present with the respective scientific documentation the findings of their research;
- sufficiently examine / present various linguistic phenomena concerning Southeaster Mediterranean;
- refer firstly to procedures and aspects of various branches of Linguistics (e.g. Applied Linguistics, Language Testing, Language Policy, Grammar description of systems, Dialectology, Semantics, Adult Education) and secondly to the relation thereof (i.e. of the branches) with the language state of play in countries of the Southeastern Mediterranean.
Upon the successful completion of PSP "Linguistics of the Southeastern Mediterranean", the graduates shall be capable of:
- describing the basic grammar phenomena of the languages of Southeastern Mediterranean;
- describing the procedures for learning and teaching a second / foreign language;
- describing the characteristics and design procedure for a test for the evaluation of knowledge for a second / foreign language either in electronic learning environments or in printed;
- referring to and describing the language policies exercised by the various countries of the Southeastern Mediterranean;
- describe the interactions of Turkish with other Mediterranean languages;
- describing the typological characteristics of the languages of the Mediterranean and referring to linguistic phenomena at the border between syntax and semantics;
- describing the characteristics and procedure for the preparation of monolingual, bilingual, and specialized dictionaries;
- referring to procedures for the manufacture of identifies through numerous text types;
- describing / using text processing procedures with the assistance of computers;
- describe the basic characteristics of numerous dialectic forms of the Mediterranean and report to language phenomena at the interface between morphology - phonology / morphology - syntax / syntax - semantics;
- referring to the policies and applications of literacy with special focus on language literacy;
- describing the core characteristics and the principles governing Adult Education, with special focus on language(s) and communication;
- referring to the history and describing the basic characteristics, the structure and the cultural interactions of the Arabic language;
- referring to the history and describing the basic characteristics, the structure and the cultural interactions of the Jewish language;
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
Μέχρι 2 έτη
The subject of the Postgraduate Studies Programme is the development of the basic and applied research in the Linguistics for Southeastern Mediterranean based on the findings of modern science at an international level. At the same time, it aims to the advancement of interdisciplinary discussion on linguistic issues related to the area of Southeastern Mediterranean, the creative utilization of the scientific faculty of the Department, the provision of quality education which shall combine the theoretical background and the development of skills for the fine tuning of the professional competences of graduates, and finally to the development, cultivation, and further examination of the scientific discussion with domestic and foreign institutions and research centres where relevant disciplines are negotiated.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.