The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- Graduates of the Postgraduate Studies Programme have increased specialised knowledge with systemic relevance in the field of Educational Design, with emphasis on Design and Development of Educational Units, which includes sufficient data from the relevant latest scientific developments and constitutes the basis for original thinking, research and professional activity in this field.
- They demonstrate criticism and with systemic relevance understanding of the principles, theories, methods, and practices of Education in relevant and of Design and Development of Educational Units in particular, as well as of its interconnection with other cognitive fields.
- They have increased critical and diversified systemic perception of the evolutionary dynamics and of the latest issues concerning the institution, the types, the structures, and the procedures of education and of the field of Design and Development of Educational Units under conditions of complexity.
- The graduates of the Postgraduate Studies Programme can easily apply the theories and methodologies of the Sciences of Education and Educational Design to the entire framework of Design and Development of Educational Units, and to the relevant research, studies and projects, with a critical and creative manner.
- They apply with originality the acquired knowledge of the educational complexity to research, analysis, connection, and development of innovative solutions in composite, interdisciplinary, and innovative issues of the cognitive field of the Design and Development of Educational Units.
- They are capable of designing, applying, evaluating, interpreting, and promoting modern scientific research and studies relevant to the cognitive field of the Design and Development of Educational Units.
- They express with deductive reasoning and by a scientifically documented method, solutions to complex and new issues of the specialized field of Design and Development of Educational Units, while formulating valid judgments after considering the various relevant social, economic, cultural, and moral aspects.
- They substantiate their positions using a valid method, specialized information and concrete arguments, before a specialized audience or laymen, with clarity, adequacy and accuracy.
- The graduates of the PSP continue developing autonomously their knowledge and competences concerning the field of Design and Development of Educational Units at a high level.
- They apply with professionalism the specialised knowledge and competences acquired and they effectively deal with new, interdisciplinary and unforeseen issues about the design, operation, and development of educational units.
- They solve composite problems and take strategic decisions concerning the development, operation, and organisation of a school unit, starting with deductive reasoning.
- They contribute to the development of knowledge and practices in the professional and business field, and have operational competence in managing crises, especially with regard to learning groups.
- They undertake autonomously the responsibility for the Design and the Development of an educational unit with regard to teaching, the faculty, leadership, internal and external collaborations, the formulation of the school and learning atmosphere, along with the evaluation, the education, and further learning, while managing a team and assessing its performance.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The subject of this postgraduate programme is the preparation of executives who shall be capable of contributing both to the management and to the design and development of modern educational units. The programme aims to the theoretical engagement with and the development of expertise in the field of design and development of educational units in general, and specifically in the various sectors of teaching, of faculty, of leadership and management, of internal and external collaborations, of the school and learning atmosphere and evaluation, based on its modern and far-reaching definition, which includes educational units and the flexible institutions of continuous education and professional training, through the application of traditional and modern models of organization, operation, administration, and teaching.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
Holding the specific title of studies is a substantial criterion for selecting education executives, increasing the possibility for undertaking a managerial position in educational units.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.