The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Holders of a Lower Secondary School certificate:
1. Have a good knowledge of vocabulary and the functions of the Greek language.
2. Understand the basic content of the subjects taught in high school.
3. Communicate in English at a moderate level.
4. Acquire basic knowledge for becoming active democratic citizens (concepts about constitution, environment, nutrition, hygiene, etc.).
1. Use basic computer applications in all the subject areas (digital literacy).
2. Communicate orally and in writing with simple sentences in familiar environments.
3. Listen, read and understand simple texts.
4. Participate in environmental education programs, health education, sports, theatrical education.
1. Act with limited autonomy at school or at work.
2. Possess the necessary knowledge to meet the requirements of study in Lykeio (upper secondary school).
LOWER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE (APOLYTIRIO GYMNASIOU)
Lower secondary education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of Lower Secondary School Certificate may work either as self-employed in professional fields where professional license or special studies are not required or as employees in public or private sector.
The Primary school graduates (Apolytirio Dimotikou) have access to this qualification.
Holders of Lower Secondary School Certificate have access:
-to Lykeio (GEL or EPAL)
-to Vocational Training Schools (S.E.K.) (level 3).
Formal education system