Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.
- A secondary technical or general education qualification and two years' work experience in the lighting field; or
- a secondary vocational qualification and three years' work experience in the lighting field.
During the counselling process, the candidate prepares a portfolio. The relevant committee assesses the portfolio and validates catalogue content in part or full. If the committee is unable to recognise all catalogue content, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
- Preparation of a lighting project on CD or DVD, containing: an AV recording of an event in DVD format; a lighting plan in PDF format; a list of lighting technology used; visualisation of typical views on set in PDF of JPG format; analysis of timetable and human resources plan and safety at work,
- an oral presentation consisting of a presentation and explanation of the submitted lighting project (product); or
- verification of a project on which the candidate is currently working, with an oral presentation.