Upon completion of the diploma program the student can demonstrate knowledge, skills and competence as listed below. This means that the student is able to:
- describe and explain main theories and concepts in media studies.
- understand the ethical demands placed on the media in regards to fairness, accuracy and respect.
- acquire knowledge of the characteristics and methods of different types of media, their advantages and disadvantages.
- use his/her knowledge and understanding in the daily work as journalist.
- write clearly and present content clearly and intelligibly
- apply his/her understanding of the characteristics of different kinds of media and prepare content accordingly.
- perform his/her work adequately and in an organized manner. S/he can meet deadlines and complete projects fast and securely when need be.
- independently and professionally define a journalistic subject, initiate a story and present it with the public’s interest at heart.
- make use of his/her knowledge of media law and journalistic ethics to do professional work in a fair, reliable and etical way.
- work independently but also in a team.
- developed the necessary learning skills and independent work methods to be able to continue his/her academic studies, maintain his/her knowledge and add to it.