Objective(s) of the study programme:
Internet Television and Media Studies program aims are to develop specialist for dynamic and global labor market and meeting the needs of creative professionals and to develop innovative Internet television industry and media, who is able to practice his own or other prepared media and TV project work, both individually and as a team.
Internet Television and Media Studies program aims to study the results are competence for complex media specialists, characterized by challenges and diversity of their content. Since the decision of problems in various fields of professional activity, using a variety of tools and techniques, performance implies application of broad communication sciences, new media theoretical knowledge, based on new and applied research and the necessary implementation of innovations.
Internet Television and Media studies program study results include the ability to plan activities with regard to the objectives, analyse and record your performance and provide reports to the coordinating persons adjust activities with regard to the performance of the analysis and recommendations of experts and to implement varied project activities to adapt to constant and unpredictable change, which leads to knowledge and technological progress.
Upon completion of interactive television and media studies program graduates:
• Understand the Internet TV and media business as an innovation, characterized by socio-economic value, the development and effective deployment of the production and / or commercial process; Grounding in the media as a communication tool to convey information.
• Understand and apply the appropriate communication research methods and instruments, analyse, systematize and summarize research data; Examine and evaluate the communication mix elements, the results will apply in practice; Analyse and evaluate consumer behaviour, the results will apply in practice; Analyse and evaluate different types of media, select the most appropriate to achieve the objectives.
• Will select market by the evaluation criteria; Analyse and evaluate the media market of the complex interaction between the elements; Develop Internet TV and media work concept, plan and organize media projects; Practically implement Internet TV and media work, the idea of using any text, video, audio elements, specifically the application of the technique, technology and safety standards in the media industry.
• Recognize and foster their identity, effective communication and collaboration in a multicultural professional environment; Innovatively and creatively solve problems in the development of a sustainable and ethical business; Initiate new activities responsibly and exploit opportunities, evaluating and managing change and risks.
• Understand the need for self-development will be able to analyse, evaluate and develop them in a changing environment; Independently and responsibly take decisions, justify them; Guided by the generally accepted principles of professional and ethical standards.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Teaching and learning activities in Internet Television and Media studies program, which is needed to achieve the expected results include the study of classroom hours (i. e. the time spent by students under the direction of the academic staff), self-employment hours (i. e. the time spent working independently, compulsory work placements, in preparation for the evaluation and the time needed for the assessment).
Internet Television and Media studies program of study results through various teaching and learning activities: theoretical study outcomes apply giving informative study methods: explanation, demonstration (in this case, the teacher is very important work, provided knowledge is based on scientific research and insights); practical learning outcomes achieved by the following methods of study as discussions, group work, individual work, case studies, problem-based learning, challenges, experiment, making reports and reading the real problems of student projects (training (s) is performed using laboratory practice, learning in the workplace and is based on the student's independent work, problem solving, tasks, group work); Moral values apply to study outcomes of self-analysis and feature exercises, students used personal experience and so on.
Internet Television and Media studies student in the program is active, the study dealing with and responsible participant in the process - oriented study programs to students.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
According to the assessment criteria set out in Internet Television and Media for individual study program and its elements for determining whether students have achieved results are consistent with the results of the study identified the following assessment methods: oral assessment methods; survey methods (frontal view of the oral interview, individual oral interview); shipping method (delivery (public speaking, presentation)); written assessment methods (paper, reviews, bibliography lists); graphic and visual assessment methods (thoughts and concepts maps, work demonstration); cumulative and integrated assessment methods (folder or portfolio approach, individual case studies, projects).
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Internet Television and Media program consists of:
• General college courses, with a total budget of 19 credits, 3 of them - optional.
• The study area over which a total of 152 credits, of which - 3 elective, 6 credits for the professional Internship, and 24 credits - final professional Internship. Study direction will ensure the students the opportunity to master the fundamental communication and media skills. The conclusion of the study field block things were taken into account in the EU's institutions of higher education engaged in media and communication studies at the direction of, experience with rapidly evolving communication and media research achievements. Learning study course things students will gain knowledge and skills necessary for the profession and media specialist for further specialized professional part of the study.
• The final work preparation and defence accounted for 9 credits.
A total of 6 credits are dedicated for electives of the study programmer “Internet Television and Media”: it is possible to choice elective courses of the same and/or other field study’s subject (3 credits), also it can choice elective subjects of additional general courses (3 credits).
Distinctive features of a study programme:
The study programme “The television of internet and medias” language is Lithuanian.