The Directorate is an administrative institution in the field of education and its main objective is to improve quality and support progress in education in accordance with law and government policies, best evidence and international standards.
At the end of the program the following criteria should be met:
- The student should have comprehensive and systematic understanding of theories and perspectives in education studies in a global context.
- The student should have developed knowledge in multicultural studies and international relations, and issues related to education, globalisation, sustainable development and development studies (see specialisations).
- The student should should have comprehensive knowledge of problems and issues in educational studies in an international context.
- The student should have an insight into education, life and work in different societies and be acquainted with different cultures and religions.
- The student should have ability to develop projects and contextualize them wit respect to theories and knowledge in education studies.
- The student should be able to understand and deal with complex issues in a professional context.
- The student should have ability to evaluate, analyse and gather scientific evidence and data.
- The student should be able to understand and tackle copmlex issues in a professional context.
- The student should be able to analyze and commnicate information, both numerically and in written language.
- The student should be able to use his or her knowledge and understanding in professional work and be able to support solutions to problems with arguments appropriate to the field.
- The student should be able to evaluate when different methods of analyses are appropriate.
- The student should be able to use her or his knowledge, understanding, and competence in new and unknown contexts in a broad and interdisciplinary context.
- The student should have developed learning competences which make him fit for further studies which require independence.
- The student should be able to find appropriate resources in relation to problems and make use of them.
International Studies in Education