The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Holders of a General Upper Secondary School certificate:
1. Possess in-depth the basic principles and concepts, the content and scientific vocabulary of each subject area.
2. Understand, express and interpret symbolic and abstract concepts.
3. Acquire basic knowledge for conducting a research.
4. Have basic knowledge of linking different subject areas (Interdisciplinary knowledge).
5. Read and understand complex texts.
6. Possess the basic principles of the new technologies, at a sufficient level.
7. Write texts, depending on the current requirements (CV, projects, research results, applications, reports, etc).
1. Express their views with clarity on various issues opposing the appropriate arguments.
2. Use applications of new technologies, in an advanced degree.
3. Conduct experiments and record their results.
4. Develop problem-solving strategies (everyday life or theoretical problems).
5. Engage in group work.
6. Take part in programmes concerning the environment, health education, sports and theatrical education.
1. Act with moderate autonomy at school or at work.
2. Supervise others in duties of their responsibility in the work field.
3. Possess the necessary competence to meet the requirements of study in schools of higher education.
GENERAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE (APOLYTIRIO LYKEIOU)
Upper secondary general education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of General Upper Secondary School Certificate may work either as self-employed in professional fields where professional license or special studies are not required or as employees in public or private sector.
Holders of qualifications of compulsory education (Apolytirio Gymnasiou) have access to this qualification. Holders of General Upper Secondary School Certificate have access:
-to the 2nd class of Epaggelmatiko Lykeio (EPAL), only to obtain Ptychio Epaggelmatikou Lykeiou.
-to IEK, for acquiring professional qualifications
-to tertiary education (Post-secondary and not Higher Education Schools (level 5), Technological Educational Institutes (TEI) and Universities (level 6).
Formal education system