Objective(s) of the study program:
1. Develop a professional who is able to design technological activities of food manufacturing companies; organize food production in a company; control technological processes to ensure the quality and the resources of the company in accordance with the principles of health friendly technology and market needs; use the sources of information; select, classify and analyze target information; continually improve his/her competencies; work in teams; think creatively and critically as well as analyze and summarize the results.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
1. Apply essential theoretical and applied fundamentals and concepts of natural sciences, mathematics, engineering and food technology in solving practical food technology problems throughout the food chain
2. Select raw materials, technological equipment and carry out the necessary experiments on the basis of physical, chemical and biochemical processes and methods of food technology, process their data and provide conclusions about the nutritional value, quality and safety indicators.
3. Design the food process technology using the latest analytical and modelling methods
4. Organize operations of a food production company (division), execute and evaluate food process technology in accordance with the ethical, legal, environmental, commercial and technological principles of the organization of work.
5. Interact with engineering and technological community, experts of nutrition and food safety as well as the general public in addressing professional challenges and taking responsibility for the quality of their performance and the performance of their subordinates.
6. Study independently, communicate in their native and foreign language, use the possibilities provided by information technologies, principles of teamwork and professional ethics when analyzing and summarizing the results.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Interactive, problem-based and teaching based study methods (an introductory discussion of the issue, situation analysis, didactic material, testing, demonstration, group discussion, simulation game, brainstorming, interactive lecture, project, practicum, citation analysis, case studies, debates) adequate for achievement of the learning outcomes will be used. Independent work methods and tasks related to the intended learning outcomes and assessment criteria are planned, a big variety of independent tasks is provided. Course descriptions and subject plans allow for sufficient time for student consultation.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Studies of a subject are completed with an exam or project. Cumulative assessment is applied. The results achieved are evaluated in parts. The final assessment consists of the component parts (interim settlements), of which the exam is not less than 60 per cent.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
The total amount of subjects of the study field is 153 credits.
Subjects: Physics, Inorganic Chemistry, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Graphics, Organic chemistry and Biochemistry, Food Chemistry and Analysis, Microbiology and Hygiene, Physical Chemistry and Chemical Analysis, Electrical Engineering, Accounting Basics, Fundamentals of Management, Food Science, General Chemical Engineering and Technology, Business Law, Corporate Economics, Animal Source Food Technology and Engineering, Plant Source Food Technology and Engineering, General Food Technology, Food Quality Management, Human and Environmental Safety, Building Engineering Systems, Basics of Marketing.
Practical training: educational, professional-technological, final.
Student can choose:
1. Special Foreign Languages ??(English, German, French, Russian), Functional Foods, Basics of Healthy Diet, World Culinary Heritage and Nutritional Theories, Basics of Career Management (6 credits)