Objective of a study programme:
To prepare marketing professionals who are able to use knowledge of fashion business, modern fashion tendencies, to form fashion products assortment, to foresee the opportunities of sales development, to create and maintain fashion products branding, to implement the fashion business marketing projects that would correspond the needs of companies and consumers in national and international markets.
The graduates of this study programme a person will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge about fashion history, modern fashion tendencies and fashion industry by reacting effectively into global changes of the fashion world and customer needs.
2. Apply knowledge of economics, management, psychology and other basic information about the tendencies of business and marketing, as well as their interaction while organising a fashion business.
3. Carry out market research independently, seeking to identify the target markets of consumers, and to form the assortment of fashion products, adapted to these certain consumer market needs.
4. Analyse responsibly and properly local and global fashion market, and, taking into consideration the market features, to select the suitable strategies for sale.
5. Form the assortment of fashion products, representing the newest fashion tendencies and meeting the demand of the market of target consumers.
6. Assess the costs of production and sale of goods by forming pricing of fashion products.
7. Manage the distribution chain of fashion products, selecting purposefully the channels of distribution in the local and foreign markets.
8. Manage the branding of fashion products by creatively implementing the activities of product promotion.
9. Prepare and implement marketing projects, representing the activity goals of a fashion business company and the needs of the customer, by introducing new fashion products into the market, as well as aiming to meet the expectations of consumers.
12. Cooperate constructively with contact audiences, clients, business partners, representatives of trademarks and designers, while implementing the marketing projects of fashion business in the country and abroad.
13. Implement responsibly the professional activity, in accordance with the ethical and legal norms.
14. Renew constantly specialised knowledge and develop ones’ professionalism, while operating in the changing environment of business.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Practical situations‘ and case studies, project work, concept and mind mapping, quantitative and qualitative research, business processes‘ simulation, task solution, document analysis, debates, teaching in cooperation, practices in the workplace, demonstration and analysis of practical examples, real problem solving in project activities, creation of insights and development scenarios, professional practice, thesis.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Cumulative assessment and a ten-scale assessment system are applied. In subject and module programmes, concrete evaluation structural elements are foreseen, their weight in final evaluation, the content of concrete evaluation tasks, criteria and requirements. When applying cumulative assessment the learning outcomes are evaluated by interim assignments. Studies of each subject end with an examination. Achieved results of Fashion Marketing study programme students demonstrate while defending thesis.
Course Units (modules), practical training:
The main study field Course Units: Business and Enterprise Economy, Management, Fashion History, Fashion Industry, Professional English Language, Applied Mathematics and Economic Statistics, Professional Ethics, Fashion Psychology, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Tendencies, Finance and Finance Management, Market and Marketing Research, Business Negotiation, Fashion Branding, Marketing Projects Management, Marketing Management, Sales Management, International Trade, Pricing, E-business, Consumer’s Behavior Research, Selling Techniques, Logistics and other.
The Generic Course Units: Business Communication, Individual and Communication Psychology, Modern Information Technology, Fundamentals of Law, Personal Development and Career Management and other.
Two professional activity internships are performed (training and final internships), volume – 33 credits.
Students may choose from study field knowledge deepening course units, the volumes of which are 15 credits: Management of Fashion Assortment or Management of Luxury Products; Stile and Image Management or Business Image Management; Visual Communication or Fashion Events Organization.
Other Optional Courses are appointed to interdisciplinary studies or educating general competencies from the list of optional courses. Their volume is 9 credits.
Distinctive features of a study programme: