Objective(s) of a study programme:
The study programme is designed to prepare qualified specialists in family studies – graduates of Master of Education Studies, able to independently analyse the features of family functioning, to authoritatively identify problems and their causes, to design and to carry out research projects of these problems, to evaluate the possibilities of psychopedagogic corrections and to propose solutions, to develop and to implement formal and informal education programmes of young people’s preparation for family in educational and other institutions
1. Critically assess validity and reliability of family research findings solving unpredictable complicated situations;
2. To prepare research project based on family research methodology;
3. To design teaching and learning processes assuring effective family education of young people as well as cohesive functioning of families;
4. To recommend support for families experiencing various crisis situations;
5. To evaluate quality of teaching / learningcontentfor preparation of young people for responsible fatherhood and motherhood;
6. To demonstrate informational skills of person and community enhancing cohesive functioning of family;
7. Self-evaluate quality of performed activity of family researcher assuring effectiveness of provided service for family.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Teaching methods:demonstration, explanation, moderating, giving feedback, observation.
Learning methods: case studies, problem solving, designing, discussions, group work, imitation (simulation).
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Formal assessment methods: testing; analysis of research plans and research tools, presentations of independent work.
Non-formal assessment methods: critical assessment, analytical assessment of answers to questions, discussion based on assessment.
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
The volume of study subjects – 90 ECTS
Personalistic anthropology; The methodology of preparation of scientific works in family research; Philosophy of nurture; Marital ethics; Typology and prevention of family crises; Psychology of childhood; Family research methodology and methods; Theory of sexuality education; Ethics of procreation; Statistical analysis in family research; Community based models for family life education and counseling; Research paper no 1 (family research); Research paper no 2 (family research); Master thesis on Family research
Distinctive features of a study programme:
Programme has an interdisciplinary character and are very closely linked to fields of humanities and biomedicine which helps students to achieve more complex understanding of nowadays problems of the family and the condition of society.