Objective(s) of a study programme:
To prepare high qualification specialists of European study capable of working in municipal, government and European Union institutions, to carry out scientific research works independently, having knowledge of modern and relevant political and economic theories and methods, capable of updating this knowledge on a regular basis and applying it in different activities.
1. Have basic interdisciplinary knowledge in European studies and its place in the education system, as well as relationship with other areas of science;
2. Knows the basic terms characteristic of law, politics, economic sciences and cultural area, as well terminology thereof, has knowledge in their mutual relationships and social ties characteristic of them;
3. Have basic knowledge of typical structures of the European Union, European Council and other international organizations and institutions, also about governmental and local governance institutions engaged in different-form cooperation in Europe, first of all, on their essential elements and processes conducted in this field; have knowledge on the topic of selected structures and institutions on this issue, as well as their historical development and viewpoints on this topic.
4. Have basic knowledge on the reasons of European integration and development thereof, mechanisms, significance and results, as well as impact on the development of institutional, judicial, economic, political and cultural structures;
5. Has basic knowledge on the system of the public international law and the European Union law, their sources, in the field of selected institutions and mechanisms, including knowledge associated with the ways of reinforcing the international and the European Union law, as well as their impact on the situation of states and entities; have knowledge in the field of the relationship of the public international law with the EU law and the national law; know basic opinions in this field;
6. Has basic knowledge in the field of political science and the state science, knows the principles of modern countries’ typical political systems; knows the basic principles of the European Countries regimes, institutions and mechanisms, as well as their development processes and relevant viewpoints on this issue;
7. Knows the basic terms characteristic of law politics, economic sciences and cultural area, as well as terminology; have knowledge on their mutual relationship and social ties characteristic of them;
8. Knows the basic terms characteristic of economy and European economic integration, selected institutions and mechanisms; has knowledge of their development processes and views them in the legal and political context;
9. Has knowledge on the entity’s status in the contemporary world; knows his rights and role as a creator of legal, economic or political systems;
10. Has knowledge on the method of receipt of economic data, knows methods and measures on the analysis and interpretation of legal texts, first of all, with consideration to selected institutions and social and economic organizations;
11. Knows and understands the basic terms and principles of the industrial property law and copyright.
12. Has knowledge on general individual activity based on knowledge of respective legal and economic rules, implementation and creation thereof;
13. Has basic knowledge of problems encountered in the employment field in the light of the European and the national labour law; knows rights and obligations of the parties to employment relationships;
14. Is able to apply properly the acquired knowledge in the field of the fundamentals of law in solving practical problems, also in the professional activities;
15. Is able to apply properly the acquired knowledge in the field of fundamentals of economics, in solving practical problems, also in the professional activities;
16. Is able to receive legal information and economic data efficiently, to interpret it and to apply it in analysing selected legal, political, economic and cultural phenomena and processes;
17. Is able to assess correctly the course of selected political and economic processes; understand their essence and have insight into their reasons and significance, as well as internal and external conditions;
18. Based on the acquired knowledge, is able to identify potential opportunities for the solution of problems in the legal, economic, political or cultural areas, and to put forward the methods of their solution.
19. Is able to forecast practical consequences of specific legal, political, economic processes and social phenomena
20. Is able to formulate independently assessments of selected cultural phenomena and conclusions; Is able to interpret them properly and to notice their relationship with the fields of law, politics and economics;
21. Understands and is able to interpret accordingly relevant social phenomena on the international and national scale;
22. Is able to use the acquired knowledge successfully in performing the main entity’s actions associated with the functioning of the EU internal market (recruitment, development of economic activity)
23. Is able, within the scope of acquired knowledge, to analyse, comment and interpret specific processes in this field of studies and specific social phenomena in the legal, political, economic or cultural context; is able to forecast their further development;
24. Has abilities to prepare typical paper works and to prepare oral claims associated with issues in the field of European studies using the main theoretical viewpoints and different sources;
25. Has linguistic skills in the field of European studies science and the areas of the science disciplines meeting requirements of the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
26. Understands the need for life-long learning;
27. Is able to cooperate and to work in a group by performing different roles;
28. Is able to identify properly priorities by implementing tasks defined by individually or by others;
29. Identifies correctly and solves dilemmas associated with this profession;
30. May participate in preparing social (political, economic, civic) projects with consideration to legal, economic and political aspects;
31. Is able to enrich and improve the acquired knowledge and skills;
Is able think and act as a businessperson.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Innovative teaching and learning methods are applied in lectures and practical training, e.g. e-learning. Independent student-centred work based on tasks, team work, where problem and critical thinking becomes manifest. Students are provided with an educational environment where they have a possibility to control their study process, to reflect on activity, to foster creativity and innovation while participating in research activities. The programme is aimed at active participation of students in the study process: during lectures it is sought to create a discussion environment; during practical training and while writing a diploma paper the student is fostered to formulate a thesis and conclusions; a dialog between the teacher and the student is sought in order to avoid a monolog teaching method.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
An assessment of the learning outcomes is a part of the study process. It consists of the assessment of practical training and the assessment of theoretical knowledge during an examination. An assessment of the learning outcomes of a subject takes place during the whole semester and at the time of the examination session. By applying accumulation assessment, learning outcomes are evaluated through interim assessments. An interim assessment is made with consideration to students’ activeness during training, implemented task, or knowledge and abilities acquired after completing partial studies of a particular subject (colloquiums, tests, practical works, paperwork, etc.). Before taking an examination a student has to pass a credit test in practical training. During an examination session, all knowledge and abilities acquired by the student are assessed. The student’s knowledge and abilities are assessed during the examination session only when he/she has fulfilled the requirements and tasks prescribed for the interim assessment in the description of a subject. The student’s knowledge and abilities are assessed during an examination on a 2 -5 point scale. The final grade consists of the grades of interim assessments, grades of examinations and practical training
Study subjects (modules), practical training:
Disciplines in the study field consist of 170 ECTS credits:
Situation of the new EU states, their role and place in Europe; Economics; National and ethnic minorities in Europe; European Union institutions; European integration, EU and its eastern neighbours; International public law; EU finance and budget; European Union Cohesion policy; European Union law; Governance theory and practice; political systems of European states; European banking; Preparation of European Union projects and management thereof; Protection of human rights in the European Council and European Union; Pro-seminar; EU social policy European administrative law; Diplomatic and consular law; EU civil servants; Lobbying in the EU; European economic law; Performance of economic activities in the EU member states; Marketing of European cities and regions; Regional policy; International economic relationships; EU as a participant of international relationships; European Labour and social insurance law; Employment in European Union countries; Public procurement; Art of negotiations; Seminar; Professional
General subject of the university studies consist of 16 ECTS credits: European social history; Political and legal doctrines;
Elective courses consist of 44 ECTS credits: European administrative law or Diplomatic and consular law; EU civil servants or Lobbying i