The Directorate is an administrative institution in the field of education and its main objective is to improve quality and support progress in education in accordance with law and government policies, best evidence and international standards.
Knowledge, ability and skills
Upon completion of the programme the student shall be able to demonstrate knowledge, ability and skills as follows:
1 Knowledge and understanding
* 1.1 The student has knowledge of the core concepts of economics and its methodology.
* 1.2 The student has good understanding of economies and the relationships between economic indicators.
* 1.3 The student has good working knowledge of statistics and its applications in economics and econometrics.
* 1.4 The student has good knowledge and understanding of an elected area of specialization within economics and/or finance.
* 1.5 The student has the necessary preparation for postgraduate study at a high-quality university overseas.
* 1.6 The student has the ability to systematically analyse problems and use his/her knowledge of economics to seek understanding and solutions to various issues and problems within organizations.
* 1.7 Students holding B.A. degrees can apply their knowledge of economics and the minor focus area to analysing and understanding socioeconomic issues.
2 Practical skills
* 2.1 The student is able to analyse micro- and macroeconomic issues and problems and find answers to questions using the analytical methods of economics.
* 2.2 The student is able to test the theories and hypotheses of economics using statistical and econometrical methods.
* 2.3 The student is able to use software for economic research.
* 2.4 The student is able to apply economic and statistical methods for the solution of practical problems in business.
* 2.5 The student is able to write research articles or reports, applying economics to the resolution of economic issues.
3 Intellectual skills
* 3.1 The student has knowledge and understanding of the main theories, concepts and methods of economics.
* 3.2 The student is able to collect and retrieve expert information in economics.
* 3.3 The student is able to evaluate macroeconomic data and data derived from business operations.
* 3.4 The student has knowledge and understanding of the main theories, concepts and methods of economics.
* 3.5 The student has a broad understanding of key economic theories and can effectively discuss their uses and limitations.
4 Communication skills and information literacy
* 4.1 The student is able to articulate topics in his/her discipline in a structured manner, both orally and in writing, produce clear and comprehensive reports, including graphical and numerical data, and present such material orally.
* 4.2 The student can use information technology to: a) manage files; b) process text, use spreadsheets, browse the web and communicate; c) use and search through web-based files and data bases; and d) analyse economic data statistically.
5 Learning skills
* 5.1 The student is able to study independently, plan and organise his/her work and time and meet targets within deadlines.
* 5.2 The student is able to read journal articles and books on theoretical economics to maintain and expand his/her knowledge.
* 5.3 The student has adopted an independent and critical frame of mind, a broadness of mind and originality which benefits his/her studies and work.
* 5.4 The student is well prepared for postgraduate studies in the field of economics, whether it be for the M.S. or Ph.D. degree.