Objective(s) of a study programme:
To train a responsible, competent educator with university degree, who perceives a childhood phenomenon changes in a modern, global information society; is able to organise a qualitative preschool and preprimary education by giving new perspectives for child education and self-education; developing a partnership with a family; able to creatively interpret cultural traditions.
The graduates of „Preschool and Preprimary Education“ are able to:
1. Substantiate objectives, content, process and results of child‘s education and self-education based on modern, advanced philosophical, psychological, educational conceptions and theories of a child education.
2. Critically evaluate and realise values of national and European community education and culture, principles of humanistic, democratic and civil society, achievements of science and technology among leaners and socium.
3. Create and implement programmes of children education, to evaluate the quality of education, achievements of children, reflect and forecast child‘s development.
4. Give potential for children‘s integrated self education of competence basics, such as: health, social, communication, recognition and art.
5. Reflect, plan and organise the process of education considering the objectives of education, demands of children, particularity, family‘s culture, policy of education, factors influencing a quality of education.
6. Consider the age distinctions, style of education, different needs for education and self-education, provide a professional education consultations.
7. Make effective decisions for children education and self-education refering to modern education and psychology science achievements as well as based on empirical education research data.
8. Develop such competences as: national identity, effective social partnership with a family, information management, communicative (mother-tongue and foreign languages) that are necessary for a professional activity.
9. Have a strong professional and creative self-expression motivation based on the concepts of modern education science and art.
10. Learn by implementing a theoretical comparative analysis and empirical investigations as well as to prepare for continuing the postgraduate studies and studying all the life.
Activities of teaching and learning:
Lectures, seminars, practical trainings, independent work, reading of educational literature, situation analysis, project planning, literature review and presentation, project of final work.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
Student‘s knowledge, understanding, abilities are being evaluated by estimating learning results during the semester. A prerequisite for final assessment – regular and middle semester study result evaluations. Student knowledge and abilities are being evaluated on the ten point scale. Two types of a total evaluation are prevailing, i.e.: a total mark excluding an exam or a total mark including an exam (in this instance, an exam makes 50% of a total evaluation). Subject achievements are being evaluated by the following criteria: the level of achievements is high (9-10 points): stable, good (as well as excellent, exclusive) theoretical knowledge and abilities. Student‘s study subject results make 85-100%. Intermediate (7-8 points): intermediate (as well as higher than intermediate) theoretical knowledge and abilities with unessential mistakes. Student‘s study subject results make 65-84%. Minimal necessary (5-6 points): knowledge and abilities are lower than intermediate, correspond minimal requirements. Student‘s study subject results make 45-64%. Generally applied methods for study result general and middle semester evaluation are: exam, colloquiums, practical trainings.
Distinctive features of a study programme: