The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- Have increased specialized knowledge on the field of Information and Communication Systems, which contains sufficient data from the latest scientific developments and comprises the basis for original thinking, research and professional activity.
- Show critical understanding of the principles, theories, methodologies and practices for a specific field of Information and Communication Systems, along with its interconnection with other cognitive fields.
- Have heightened critical awareness of evolutionary dynamics and of the latest issues of cognitive domain of Information and Communication Systems.
- Apply with ease the theories and methodologies of Information and Communication Systems in a critical and creative way to their own research, studies, and work.
- Apply with originality any specialized knowledge obtained through their doctorate to research, to analysis and to the development of innovative solutions for complex, interdisciplinary or pioneering issues.
- Are capable of assessing, interpreting and promoting modern scientific research and studies related to the field of Information and Communication Systems.
- Express with a deductive and scientifically documented method, solutions to composite and new issues of the field of Information and Communication Systems.
- Have developed with autonomy their knowledge and competencies at a high level.
- Apply with professionalism the specialised knowledge and competencies acquired from their doctorate and can efficiently deal with new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues.
- Solve problems and take strategic decisions starting with inductive reasoning, which has been acquired during the in-depth studying of their doctorate’s subject.
- Contribute significantly to the progress of knowledge and practices in the professional and business field, and they have operational skill in managing crises.
- Take autonomous responsibility for education/training/teaching and managing a team and they assess its performance.
DOCTORATE (DIDAKTORIKO DIPLOMA)
Minimum 3 years
The Doctorate in Information and Communication Systems Engineering advances knowledge and research to the wide scientific domain of Information and Communication Systems, creates quality scientific research and competent scientists - researchers, and cultivates the productive liaison of the fields of the technological developments of information, of networks, of information systems managements and of their security, of electronic entrepreneurship, and of electronic business.
The Doctorate Studies of the Department lead to the acquisition of a Doctorate in the following general research domains:
- Algorithms and Computer Complexity
- Safety of Information and Communication Systems, and Protection of Privacy
- Geometry, Dynamic Systems and Cosmology
- Law and Informatics - Protection of Personal Data
- Networks - Telecommunication Systems
- E-commerce, E-business, E-governance
- Strategy and Investments to Informatics Systems
- Systems of Personal and Mobile Communications
- Decision Support Systems
- Technologies for Reinforcing Privacy
- Digital Integrated Circuits and Systems
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Having high qualifications of this type, they may either be self-employed or they may work in key positions for state or private businesses and organisations.
Access to this type is possible only for those who have obtained at least a level 7 qualification (unless it is provided for otherwise).
Holders of such type qualifications have access to programs of study of the same level.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.