The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Following the successful completion of their doctoral studies, the doctors will:
- have understood systematically, fully, and in depth one or additional advanced and complicated fields of a modern and developing cognitive subject of Informatics and/or communications;
- have contributed significantly either to the generation of new knowledge, or to the innovative application/interpretation of pre-existing knowledge over the relevant cognitive field;
- have published their research findings in international scientific journals and/or have presented them in international scientific conferences;
- be able to organise, develop, adjust and apply research methodologies, with the purpose of conducting original research;
- be able to produce new knowledge and contribute to the improved understanding thereof;
- be able of using specialised software and/or specialised equipment to conduct research;
- be able of effectively disseminating new knowledge to their colleagues and to the scientific community;
- have demonstrated sufficient capacity in presenting technical knowledge and information, both through the written and the oral speech;
- be able of presenting, explaining, and assessing new proposals, methodologies, and conclusions;
- have the ability of organizing and effectively conducting both personal and group research;
- have the ability of understanding and evaluating different approaches for the resolution of critical problems and the creation of new knowledge, based on internationally accepted standards;
- have of operating autonomously, with critical thinking, creativity, adaptability, and responsibility, being specialists in the relevant subject;
- have the ability of undertaking full responsibility for their personal work;
- be characterized by independence and the undertaking of initiatives at an academic and/or professional level.
DOCTORATE (DIDAKTORIKO DIPLOMA)
Minimum 3 years
The purpose of conducting a doctoral dissertation in the Department of Information and Telecommunication Engineers is the conduct of original and autonomous scientific quality research, which advances the science of Informatics and/or Telecommunications.
Specifically, the programme of doctoral studies aims to the following:
- delve into the knowledge corresponding to a specific cognitive field;
- cultivate the necessary skills related to the research procedure;
- encourage the conduct of original research;
- train students in advanced analysis methods and in the use of sophisticated tools;
- reinforce the competence of students in working independently and publishing their research results;
- cultivate specific competences, such as: formulation of problems, composition and integration of information, investigation, collaboration, effective communication, etc.
University of Western Macedonia
The title is not necessary to exercise a profession, but is a formal qualification for specific positions (e.g. member of faculty in a higher educational institute).
Access to this type is possible only for those who have obtained at least a level 7 qualification (unless it is provided for otherwise).
Holders of such type qualifications have access to programs of study of the same level.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.