Candidates can enrol in the doctoral study programme Textile Engineering, Graphic Communication and Textile Design if:
- they have completed a second level study programme,
- study programme for professions under EU directives or other unified master study programmes accredited with 300 credit points according to ECTS,
- university study programmes adopted prior to 11 June 2004,
- a master’s study programme or specialist study programme and prior to it a university study programme; candidates shall be awarded with 60 credit points according to ECTS based on their application according to the law,
- a specialist study programme and prior to it higher professional study program; additional requirements shall be determined for the candidates in the range between 30 and 60 credit points according to ECTS.
- Graduates from universities abroad can also enrol in the doctoral study programme. The equivalence of the education acquired at a university abroad shall be established with the procedure for recognition of foreign higher education for admission to further study in accordance with Statute of the University of Ljubljana.
According to the Statute of the University of Ljubljana, the exam scores range from 1 to 10, whereby a positive grade is from 6 to 10. Exams of the study program shall be written and oral and the preparation and oral presentation of seminars will also be evaluated.
The results of exams are published on the higher information system of the Textile Department (VIS-OT). Details are provided to students during office hours of professors.
In order to complete the study program and obtain the scientific title of Doctor of Science, candidates need to successfully complete all the requirements of the study program and successfully defend the doctoral thesis. Another requirement for doctoral students is also the publication of at least one scientific article on the topic of the doctoral thesis in a SCI, SSCI or A&HCI indexed journal. The doctoral student needs to be the primary author of the article. The scientific article needs to be published or accepted for publishing before defending the doctoral thesis.
Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, University of Ljubljana