In order to complete the programme, candidates must successfully complete all course units defined by the programme.
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
- A completed second-cycle study programme; or
- a completed integrated master's programme consisting of 300 credits; or
- a completed study programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004, consisting of at least 240 credits; or
- a completed study programme leading to a professional higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004, and a study programme leading to a specialisation, together totalling at least 240 credits; such candidates are required to complete course units on ecology and environmental protection from the second-cycle programme totalling 30 credits before enrolling in the programme. Course units (selection of content) are determined for such candidates by the academic affairs committee of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, which takes into account the candidate's field of education (type of programme the candidate has completed),
- completed equivalent education in another country.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maribor