- A diploma from a second-cycle study programme at the Faculty of Sport; or
- a diploma from another second-cycle study programme, provided the candidate has passed a special test of knowledge; or
- a diploma from a former study programme leading to a master’s degree following the acquisition of an academic higher education in kinesiology. Study requirements totalling 60 credits are recognised for candidates; or
- a diploma from a former study programme to obtain an academic higher education as teacher or physical education instructor; or
- a diploma from another local or foreign university in accordance with the prescribed conditions set out in the previous paragraphs.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Sport
Candidates must complete all requirements defined by the study programme and successfully present their doctoral dissertation in the total amount of 180 ECTS credits. Doctoral candidates must publish at least one scientific article in the field of their doctorate in a journal indexed by the SCI. The doctoral candidate must be the lead author of the article. The scientific article must be published or accepted for publication before the oral presentation of the doctoral dissertation.
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).