University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science
Candidates must meet all requirements prescribed by the study programme and successfully present their doctoral dissertation.
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
- Completed second-cycle study programme or
- a non-structured master’s degree study programme totalling 300 credits or
- completed study programme leading to a university qualification (adopted prior to 11 June 2004), or
- completed first-cycle professional study programme (adopted prior to 11 June 2004) and a study programme leading to a specialised qualification. Prior to enrolment, such candidate must meet requirements totalling at least 60 credits from the second-cycle media study programme Computer and Information Science, or
- previously completed master's programmes leading to a Master’s of Science. Study requirements totalling 60 credits are recognised for candidates.