Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Enrolment in the doctoral study programme Chemical Sciences is open to candidates who have completed:
- a second-cycle study programme;
- an integrated master's programme totalling 300 credits;
- a former academic higher education undergraduate programme;
- a former study programme leading to a research master's degree (course units totalling up to 60 credits are recognised for these candidates. The decision on recognition is made by the Senate of the Faculty or a body appointed by the latter);
- a former study programme leading to a specialisation, if they have previously completed a professional higher education programme; for such candidates the FKKT Senate or a body appointed by the latter may decide to define an individual bridging programme consisting of 10–60 ECTS;
- a study programme at another university in Slovenia or at a university in another country in accordance with the conditions prescribed for students from Slovenia. The equivalence of prior learning in another country is established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of continuing education in accordance with Article 121 of the Statute of the University of Ljubljana.
In order to complete the programme, students must complete course units defined by the programme and write and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation in accordance with the provisions of the doctoral dissertation rules adopted by the Senate of the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology (FKKT) of the University of Ljubljana. Before receiving a grade at the Senate of the FKKT, candidates must publish, as lead author, a paper from the field of their dissertation in international scholarly literature.