University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Bioengineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
In order to complete the programme, students must successfully complete all course units prescribed by the programme, enrol in all three years of the doctoral programme and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation.
- A completed second-cycle study programme; or
- a completed study programme leading to a profession regulated by European Union directives (93/16/EEC for doctors, 78/1027/EEC for veterinarians, 78/687/EEC for dentists and 85/432/EEC for pharmacists) consisting of at least 300 ECTS credits; or
- a completed study programme leading to a specialisation and a previously completed professional higher education programme; additional course units for individual fields consisting of 30–60 ECTS credits are determined for candidates by the competent committee; or
- a completed programme leading to a pre-Bologna research master's degree or specialisation following completion of a programme leading to an academic higher education qualification; course units consisting of 60 ECTS credits are recognised for candidates; or
- a completed programme leading to an academic higher education qualification, adopted before 11 June 2004.
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).