The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Have sufficient specialist knowledge in the particular disciplines of the Science of Geography and its associated related sciences.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the principles, theories, methodologies and practices of the Science of Geography and its interface with a range of disciplines.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the constantly evolving cutting-edge issues related to the Science of Geography and sciences with which it converses in terms of theory and methodology.
• Implement fluently and with a critical approach theories and methodologies of Geography and related science to their own research, studies and academic papers.
• Manage scientific data, quantitative and qualitative, in all phases of the process of collecting primary data, their registration, as well as processing and interpretation of results.
• Evaluate, interpret and implement contemporary scientific researches and studies on the Science of Geography and related sciences.
• Weigh, evaluate and interpret new developments in the thematic areas of specialisation within the broader field of the Geography of Science.
• Formulate solutions to new, complex issues in the context of their specialisation and formulate valid judgments, taking into account the respective related socio-economic, institutional and historical-political context in which they operate.
• Document their positions with specialist information and arguments, on the subject of their PhD, towards a specialised or non public, with clarity, efficiency and accuracy.
• Implement with originality, competence and autonomy the knowledge acquired and their skills to research and development of innovative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary or novel issues.
• Seek to solve the problems associated with the design and implementation of interventions in space.
• Apply to their field of specialization new knowledge, methodologies and practices with which they have been familiarized with the ultimate aim of promoting the Science of Geography.
• Considerably contribute to the development of new knowledge and innovative practices in the professional and scientific area where they operate.
• Autonomously undertake responsibility for education / training / teaching and managing a scientific or other team, and evaluate its performance.
• Choose and apply appropriate research design for answering scientific questions they are asked to formulate.
• Implement in their research the appropriate mix of theory and empirical application.
DOCTORATE (DIDAKTORIKO DIPLOMA)
Minimum 3 years
PhD Thesis in the fields of Applied Geography and Space Management and in the broader disciplines of Geography.
Eleftheriou Venizelou Street
The Doctorate holders may be employed either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or public sector.
Access to this type is possible only for those who have obtained at least a level 7 qualification (unless it is provided for otherwise).
Holders of such type qualifications have access to programs of study of the same level.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.