The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The doctors of the department:
(a) have increased specialized knowledge on the field of Cultural Informatics and Communication, which contains sufficient data from the latest scientific developments and comprises the basis for original thinking, research and professional activity;
- show critical understanding of the principles, theories, methodologies and practices for a specific field of Cultural Informatics and Communication, along with its interconnection with other cognitive fields;
- have increased critical awareness of the evolutionary dynamics and of the latest issues of the cognitive domain of Cultural Informatics and Communication;
- easily apply the theories and methodologies of Cultural Informatics and Communication with a critical and creative way in their own research, study, and work.
- apply with originality any specialized knowledge obtained through their doctorate to research, to analysis and to the development of innovative solutions for complex, interdisciplinary or pioneering issues;
- are capable of assessing, interpreting and promoting modern scientific research and studies related to the field of Cultural Informatics and Communication;
- provide deductively and scientifically documented solutions to complex and new issues of the field of Cultural Informatics and Communication and formulate valid judgments after considering the various relevant social, economic, cultural, and moral aspects;
- document their positions using specialized information and arguments, related to the field of Cultural Informatics and Communication, towards a specialized or non-specialized audience with clarity, adequacy and accuracy;
- have developed with autonomy their knowledge and competencies at a high level;
- apply with professionalism the specialised knowledge and competencies acquired from their doctorate and can efficiently deal with new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues;
- solve problems and take strategic decisions starting with inductive reasoning, which has been acquired during the in-depth studying of their doctorate’s subject;
- contribute significantly to the progress of knowledge and practices in the professional and business field, and they have operational skill in managing crises;
- take autonomous responsibility for education/training/teaching and managing a team and they assess its performance.
DOCTORATE (DIDAKTORIKO DIPLOMA)
Minimum 3 years
The Doctorate in Cultural Informatics and Communication advances research in the interdisciplinary field of cultural informatics and communication, which cultivates the productive liaison of the fields of critical theory, of cultural studies, and of the technological evolutions of information, understands and promotes cultural polyphony, expands the conceptual context of cultural information, approaches the multiple expressions and aspects of the cultural reservoir through the principles of intertextuality, interaction and multiple media, thus becoming able to realise in a creative, subversive, and substantial manner the modern significations of memory, civilization, culture, and identity
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Having high qualifications of this type, they may either be self-employed or they may work in key positions for state or private businesses and organisations.
Access to this type is possible only for those who have obtained at least a level 7 qualification (unless it is provided for otherwise).
Holders of such type qualifications have access to programs of study of the same level.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.